A couple of questions about mod compatibility

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mashirafen, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

I'd like to start using some mods, but first I'd like to know about compatibility issues they may/may not cause. How well do different mods tend to work simultaneously? I assume ones which affect different things don't tend to cause problems (i.e. skills ones don't conflict with crafting) but what about different crafting and item mods, or room mods?

Also, what's the deal with mods and savegames? Which kind of mods (if any) are fine to activate with a pre-existing save, and when will they come into effect, if at all? I can only presume that trying to play a save which depends on certain mods without them activated is a foolish idea of course.

Edit: Goddamn I cannot make one post on here without making a typo.

2. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

How well do different mods tend to work simultaneously?
    I've yet to encounter any problems with running the mods available here all together.

Also, what's the deal with mods and savegames?
    To load a save, you have to have all the mods that were you using at the time you saved enabled. At least, that's my experience. I've never loaded (I play almost exclusively permadeath) a mod into a pre-existing save so I can't really speak on that one.

3. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Room and item mods do just fine when added to an existing game, but they do have to continue to be used. Additions to craftDB.xml generally end up in the wrong tool when put into an existing game, but they're still craftable if you have both the correct and incorrect tools.