4/1 Blog Post

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by FaxCelestis, Apr 1, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well played, sirs. Well played indeed.

AvzinElkein and Tycho like this.
  2. Marak

Marak Member

That's it; my sig will now be a "best of" Blog Post tags. It had do be done.

OT: Yes, I love the scathing mockery of the indie scene, the AAA games industry, and the current state of money-grubbing DLC.

3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

What worries me is that some of the commenters may not have realised just what Gaslamp were doing. Or maybe they did, but tricked others into thinking they'd been tricked...

But that said, I would buy the shit out of it if it was real.

4. Marak

Marak Member

I thought it was rather clever of them to use their shiny new Odin engine to render a 3d version of your average DoD Entrance Room, complete with little tricks like skinning the Vending Machines with the existing 2d art assets. Also, brownie points for the 2d staircase straight out of Duke Nukem 3D.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

That made me laugh real hard.

6. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

The fact that it was a joke should be really obvious, IMHO. Everyone knows that you can't do a 3D version until your third game. I mean, com on, people...

7. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

*Scads of Day-1 DLC include the ability to load and save games, and to have the ability to secretly save extra copies of your games in case you die suddenly with permadeath on!

Never thought I'd see the day where an april fool's joke was actually amusing.

8. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Thrusty Quest. It must be made. Make the boy and the girl into the random monsters, and make a Thrusty main character...oh, and a recolor Thrusty for a female main character. You can equip everything but pants.

ALL OF MY ZORKMIDS to the person who makes this happen.

9. Marak

Marak Member

Advertising "scads of Day 1 DLC" as a bullet (selling) point is pretty damn hilarious in and of itself.

Edit: you forgot to mention the new Prothean Lich character option, available as Day 1 DLC. Don't forget to mention that it's already in the game files but you have to pay to unlock it.

10. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Or one up on that, 12 extra classes/skill trees that are included in the game class but are locked for later purchase as DLC after the game's released on PS Vita.

Marak likes this.
  11. Marak

Marak Member

Also,
    • You still can’t see what your character is wearing – because, well… the hell with it!'
    Made me giggle uncontrollably.

12. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Woo.. great chuckle out of that one, thanks.
    Lots of good bits in that, especially
    - lighting that havent been seen since the far side 1998 :)
    - day 1 DLC including save and loading

13. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Took me a few bullet points to realize what was going on, but the further I read the more ridiculous it got, until it was downright hilarious :) Well done Gaslamp!