2 billion score on Steam leaderboards?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Earthling, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Earthling

Earthling Member

Someone has a score of 1,947,667,396 on Going Rogue + Permadeath. How is that score possible?

2. JonLastUK

JonLastUK Member

Because you can edit the XML to cheat, and the game doesnt detect it.

3. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I believe it's been said the leaderboards will be incorporating some sort of 'legitimacy check' in later patches. I assume they're waiting to reset them until then.

4. enema216

enema216 Member

yeah, stupid trolls

5. Incendax

Incendax Member

The leaderboard has no way to tell if you have modded the game. For example, one poster changed enemies to give millions of experience per kill.

6. Greg72

Greg72 Member

Hopefully they implement an online server to play single player / leaderboards with saves kept online to have 'real' scores without people cheating/scumming

7. kbe

kbe Member

offline game with legit leaderboards probably not going to happen, people will always find a way to cheat. Only the stupid ones that go overboard with their scores will get caught.

8. Milaha

Milaha Member

The typical (and very easy) way to cheat most online leader boards is to just use a memory editor to change your score directly. takes all of a minute to find and change a value.

9. ArchoX

ArchoX Member

Yeah u can modify it in documents for something like killed by Chuck Norris foot. Your score -578. But for what?

10. Milaha

Milaha Member

You do not seem to understand what a memory editor is.

11. ArchoX

ArchoX Member

Yeah i know that this is something else.