In Development: Dary's Legend

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Haldurson, Jun 25, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Yeah. I saw some Russian had applied to bring "The Elder Scrolls: Arena" to Greenlight. I do not know if he misunderstood what Greenlight is, or if he intended to sell the now-freeware game still owned by Bethesda.

2. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

An update on this: I saw that Dary's Legend now has a free demo (pre-alpha), as well as an alpha version for sale on Desura. I figured that I could afford $3.59, so I picked up the alpha and briefly tried it. The game plays sluggishly, but since it's an alpha, and I paid so little, I'll let that slide (for now). We'll see what happens to it after a few updates.

^DJ_Link^ and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. ^DJ_Link^

^DJ_Link^ Member

Hi. Thanks for your support. I trully appreciate it. As for the issues, yes, we have some sluggish stuff, some slowness on some game components but I'm hoping I can fix most of that on next updates. I can say that the next update, among some fixes, we will have an option to control the global game speed and we will now have recipes that can be done on cauldrons.

Cheers.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Well this sucks, it looks like the game is done for. The last post was in June of 2013 and the game is no longer on the Steam Greenlight. I was looking forward to this as it looked fairly interesting. I decided to look in and see how it was going but as I said, no more news after June 2013. Oh well, I'll just have to look around and see what else might be coming out sometime in the future.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. ^DJ_Link^

^DJ_Link^ Member

Yes, that game is on hiatus and no word on when it will resume development unfortunately. It was a project from more people, I have little to no control over it. The other people are not working on it so it's on hold.

On the other hand, I decided to start over and build a roguelike myself, ant totally alone this time, took me a year (it takes a different approach then DL) but the game is out, it's finished and it's available on Steam, iOS and Android.

It's called Quest of Dungeons.
    If you want to take a look check the oficial website (I'm sorry if this is spam, please delete if it's considered)
    www.questofdungeons.com
    trailer:

Godwin and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Godwin

Godwin Member

I bought and played Quest of Dungeons, really fun intro, fun game, very good for some nice roguelite experience :)
    I can recommend it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I have seen Quest of Dungeons around and it does look good. I just haven't had the time/money to get into it yet. I'll keep an eye out and will eventually get it. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. ^DJ_Link^

^DJ_Link^ Member

Yes, after DL I wanted to make a less "depth" game but still in the roguelike genre, something you can pick up, play half an hour, pause and get back to real life :) Guess it's more on the "roguelite" genre but I'm glad people still seem to have fun with it :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.