waiting...waiting...move...waiting...waiting..

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by fishfish, Sep 24, 2011.

1. fishfish

fishfish Member

So I recently got into the game and am loving it, but I'm just finding the game unplayable right now. There's a bunch of monsters who like to step on an arrow trap in a really long hallway somewhere and it takes about 10 seconds for me to move 1 square just waiting for the dang thing to hit. I've tried looking for a fix but the only thing I've seen is the ctrl +, speed up game which just feels wierd.

Is there any way of fixing this so that I don't have to stand around for traps that aren't even in the same room as me?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

That's... really strange. You mean you're stuck waiting after monsters that you don't even see? That shouldn't be happening, and even if it was arrow traps it would only take a second or two. Which version are you on?

3. Derakon

Derakon Member

The "10 seconds" is presumably exaggeration, but yeah, you still have to wait out the full animation time even when you can't see the trap in question. It can be a bit weird and/or tedious sometimes.

4. fishfish

fishfish Member

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Oh yeah well in that case you're right. Now that you mention it I remember it happening but very rarely.

6. competentfake

competentfake Member

Happens to me quite frequently, makes you feel like the game is stuttering and you hear (whackwhackwhackwhack) coming from somewhere. For that matter, I find it singularly unsatisfiying the way Eyebrows keeps walking in place while his pet is fighting other monsters. Just a personal peeve. :)