Questions regarding functionality of doors

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by HulkingUnicorn, Jul 15, 2011.

1. A couple of questions for those who can answer them, I've looked around and googled a bit as well, but haven't found anything regarding the following.

* Can you close doors you've opened and if so, can you spike them (block it from your side with an item, buying more time before a monster can bang it open) or lock it if you've found a key?

* Can monsters (in general or some types) open doors or move around the level before spotting you?

2. satoru

satoru Member

You can close doors you have opened. Though I'm not sure about ones you kick open.

I don't think monsters can open doors, but since monsters do respawn occassionally on the level they can wander around once you've opened it up

3. tiptoes

tiptoes Member

Doors kicked open appear to be destroyed.
    I don't think monsters can open doors (though they may block you from closing doors).

4. Too bad, thank you for your replies.

5. swanee

swanee Member

Can you kick a door when you have lockpicks?

6. Noven

Noven Member

Um... I think it defaults to lockpicks, and the only way I know to change that is to manually remove them from your inventory then pick 'em up again. Saving them for chests, I assume?

7. mwoody

mwoody Member

Yeah, with the penalty for kicking a door so low - a few points of damage - and the penalty for crushing a chest so high - losing the item inside - it really only makes sense to use lockpicks on chests. I wonder if I could hide lockpicks inside another item (like an anvil) and just take them out for chests? Still, I wish there was a gameplay way to say "I kick doors."

HulkingUnicorn likes this.