Bigger notification window (or possibility to backread the log)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Godwin, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Godwin

Godwin Member

I searched for it but it wasn't on the forums to my surprise.

I'd like to suggest a bigger window (at least double the amount of lines) for the notifications (You hit sickly diggle, you discovered the... etc messages).

If that's somehow not doable (I have plenty of room on the screen so it wouldn't disturb the game) I'd love for a button or so to be able to read back or scroll back up.

But it becoming bigger would be best for me (maybe make it a resizable window so everyone can do what they like, with scrollbar?:p).

Haldurson likes this.
  2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I like this a lot. I'd also like to have at least an option of seeing additional messages (only melee damage seems to be currently shown). A lot of the time, you can't tell what kind of damage you are taking and from what. Also, I'm a little visually impaired -- my eyes have problems focusing quickly (lifelong problem -- had to deal with a quack for years giving me useless eye exercises, before I found an honest ophthalmologist that told me it would never get better). So, I can't always read those little pop-up messages (dialog, etc) that don't make it into the actual text screen because they sometimes go away too quickly for me to focus.

3. Jack Burton

Jack Burton Member

@Godwin: I really like the idea of a bigger not. "window" and the + button to give you the chance to read it all and I would love if all those messages would be colored for quickly finding what you are looking for.

@Haldurson: same here, I can barely see what those little diggles want from me exactly. If I could only read their insults my guilty conscience would be erased immediately. Maybe another tab for the + button box, where you can read their complaints again or a "better" font and some color to it.

4. competentfake

competentfake Member

There might also be a spam threshold- sometimes after I slaughter a zoo, that thing keeps on rolling for five minutes.

5. SumDewd

SumDewd Member

Hear, hear! For starters, the message-scroll animation is waaaay too sloooow. The frames to show each message should be cut by at least half (i.e., twice as fast) and this of course would necessitate some type of backlog feature. (log viewer? something like the recipe overlay, but just to show message log.) Watching those messages ([Your spell had no effect.] Bah! Wasn't me! The mob hit a trap!) scroll up during a zoo raid is just dreadfully slow.