So, what's with the Wizard's Sleeve.

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by QuickForYa, Sep 19, 2011.

1. QuickForYa

QuickForYa Member

Hey,

While i have spent exact 100 hours on DoD, I still can't figure out what is this thing. Even weirder that i got this one after eliminating monster zoo as a reward.

[​IMG]

2. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Wow. I hadn't seen that before. I love the reference to your character sheet.

3. QuickForYa

QuickForYa Member

um, but can someone tell me what is the purpose of this item? Seems that i always collect them but don't know what it actually does.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Combine it with the one armed jacket... ;)

5. Duke

Duke Member

I actually had that for sale on one of the stores.It didnt have any stats though -.-

6. Bluerps

Bluerps Member

You can right click it, which makes it disappear (however, I don't think that does anything ;))

You could probably use It Belongs In A Museum to gain some XP from it.

7. QuickForYa

QuickForYa Member

I know that, that is why i keep those.

How can i do that?

8. Derakon

Derakon Member

Only if you have the archaeology tier-2 skill can you get experience from artifacts.

The Wizard's Sleeve is a joke. It's just there to taunt you. Discard it, sell it, fisk it, whatever.

9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Yes, Wizard's Sleeve is a joke, with a bit of an extra taunt when you get a version of it that actually has stats. That said, I really didn't know the origin of the joke until I googled it. WARNING before you Google: it's NSFW.

10. QuickForYa

QuickForYa Member

Oh, okay then, seems that i need Archeology skill for it.

11. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Exactly how unsafe are we talking? I probably don't want to Google it at all if it's icky.

12. Derakon

Derakon Member

Having looked it up, it's just slang for part of the vagina. So hey, I learned something today. Thanks, I guess.

13. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Urban Dictionary is your friend.

14. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

I wouldn't exactly call Urban Dictionary safe for work either though. Just because it's only text, doesn't mean it's appropriate! :)

15. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Some text in the corner of your monitor is still far better than your boss coming by to see, well, wizard sleeves slathered across your screen.

Vykk Draygo likes this.
  16. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

You made me lol.

17. Marak

Marak Member

You just had to use the word "slathered" there, didn't you? >.<

18. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Oh, it could've been much worse. My wife was watching me type that, and was making comments like, "plastered across your screen like a really disgusting butterfly". I'm actually trying to rein in this sort of behavior. Believe me, if I don't stop her, we'd be cracking jokes about it for hours. It's a little sad, really.

Marak likes this.
  19. Marak

Marak Member

I vote you make "plastered across your screen like a really disgusting butterfly" your new signature. Without any context. Let them wonder!

LonePaladin likes this.
  20. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Consider it done.

Marak likes this.