Please Recommend a Rogue Scientist Build

Discussion in 'You Have To Name The Expansion Pack' started by SamuelMarston, Jul 9, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I just killed Big D with the following, though it may be smashier than you're looking for:

Archaeology, alchemy, smithing, tinkering, wand lore, rogue scientist, clockwork knight.

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

I was looking at this and wondering how the heck are people killing crap with no warrior or combat skills. The RogueScientist has cooldown timers.

This last build has all crafting stuff and not even magic law.

Can magic law make this spammable? I see people having Blood magic as a gaining mana back thing but not if you are killing non living creatures it cant do anything. I am highly confused about this build :) I like the idea of the skill though seems fun. Leylines one cannot use the mana regain spell as it is a cooldown spell and will mess with magic law spamming.

confused how to make this work with magic law.

3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

It's not about spamming special attacks, it's about using CK and RS in addition to, and as a supplement to melee. Your gear can be top-notch, you have sufficient special attacks to deal with zoos, and all the thrown, bolt, and AE attacks you'll need. You can kill things with normal attacks with no special skills (although CK and RS both complement melee attacks quite nicely)

I've won with similar builds. To me, Magic Law is kind of a cheap way of winning. But I'll admit that I did take it once just to see what the fuss was about. It's certainly not necessary, but it can make the end game a lot easier in a kind of a 'almost feel like I'm cheating' way. When I play crafting builds, I would generally take perception or burglary instead of Archaeology, or take only one of CK or RS and get both of those.

BTW, I've probably won more games with pure crafting builds than anything else. While part of the reason may be that I love crafting builds and am comfortable with them, the other part is that both CK and RS are really nice and really require at least some of their respective crafting skills to shine.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

thank you much. makes more sense now.

5. I don't think Wand Lore helps much. It has no synergy with anything but the last skill in Rogue Scientist, and you don't need wands to attack because you can craft the good crossbows and you have unlimited plastic bolts. Archaeology also seems dubious because you have absurd trap skill already. I recommend utility skills that boost your hit points or give you some other survival ability. I've been running Vegan and Piracy (vegan for health, piracy for crafting gems and for AOE counterattacks) but if you don't like Vegan, maybe Master at Arms, Shields, or Berserker.