Aesthetic Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Daynab, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Hey guys, new forum works great overall so far but I have a few appearance suggestions -

Other icons for new posts/no new posts.. I suggest ... maybe Krong Anvils.. the unused/used ones. I think they'd look great.

Not sure how the banner works but is it possible to add the banner from the blog page? I think resized it would look pretty good.

Also this is a personal pet peeve, if it's possible making the page numbers appear without having to hover the mouse over would be awesome. It bugs me out, but I recon it's a personal preference.

Great job though Derek :3

LonePaladin likes this.
  2. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

+1 on the anvils. Maybe make the various icons available for people to use as avatars and/or smilies, too.

3. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

Definitely need a Diggle smiley.

4. Agree, it only needs a bit of dredmor-ish touch to it, but overall great job, way easier to navigate than the old one :D

5. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

Due to a legal battle with Krong Industries we can't have been ordered by the court to not use any anvils. Krong covets his icons much the way Apple does. Instead there is a nice gaslamp to let you know when there are unread posts in the forum.

6. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

It is a nice Gaslamp.

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I agree, that does look better than I imagined.

8. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

Something I noticed when I had Moderator-type privileges on the Announcements forum, and now when checking my alerts.. the blue you use for unread alerts (and the blue for selecting posts or whatever that thing did) is very harsh and dark, could tone it down or change it all together, for readability's sake.

9. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

Yeah I've been messing with the permissions for the last day or so in Announcements trying to get it so that users can post in existing threads in the category while not being able to create new threads. I tracked down the color that you mentioned and changed it to a brown of some sort so that should look better now.

Patchumz, LonePaladin and Marak like this.
  10. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Thank you. It looks much better now.

11. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

You rock ^^.