Recording with fraps on direct purchase

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Hobo Mage, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Hobo Mage

Hobo Mage Member

I have bought the dod directly from your web site and i what to do a let's play on youtube but i can't get fraps to work on this version please help I'm having fun and i wan't to share it with my freinds

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I think if you start it in openGL mode it will work. Make a shortcut to the executable and in the properties of that shortcut, you should see target leading to the .exe, put -opengl after that.

3. Hobo Mage

Hobo Mage Member

i tried but it says target is not valid

4. Daynab

Put the -opengl after the quotation marks, not within. Also, if it doesn't work, try -openGL as well, I don't remember which it is.

5. Hobo Mage

Hobo Mage Member

Still not working any ideas

6. Daynab

Try the same way as before but with -directx instead.

7. Hobo Mage

Hobo Mage Member

Sigh still no good im willing to keep trying if you are

8. Daynab

This is my last suggestion, people have written that you need to be in windowed mode, switch to another window then switch back so that fraps works properly. This is with opengl mode.

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas, sorry. You could try Xsplit, dxstory or OBS.

9. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Do you have your video card drivers installed? what video card are you using?

10. Hobo Mage

Hobo Mage Member

ati radeon 5670

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

FRAPS doesn't always work, or doesn't work with certain games. Try something like Gadwin Print Screen (a programme I use), which might work.

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Should be fine. Make sure you have the latest Catalyst drivers from AMD (or whatever they call them) and OpenGL should just work.

13. Hobo Mage

Hobo Mage Member

well i can run it in - openGL and - directx but i still can't get fraps to work any ideas?

14. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Like I said, it might just be FRAPS not working. It doesn't work with every game, or sometimes it just doesn't work. If you have Steam and run it through that, you should be able to use Steam's overlay function to take screenshots.

Kazeto likes this.
  15. Hobo Mage

Hobo Mage Member

i want to exhaust my options before buying anything new