[BETA] The Vaults of Maslech

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Leot

Leot Member

Wonderful. Thank you very much Omni. I have already started reading the threads that talk about skill theory. This is going to be amazing! If anyone has any other tips please let me know as I start to familiarize myself.

Daynab and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Do not hesitate to ask people for advice if you are stuck. That is my tip.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Leot

Leot Member

I have, as far as I can tell, managed to unpack and separate the skill from the rooms of the mod. There are probably extra unneeded files left over in the unpacking but it is a start. I should start doing this with other mod packs as well though I won't put them on the forums without the permission of the skill creators.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You are unlikely to get permission from Fax since he pretty-much left the forums early this year. But so long as you give proper credit to him, I rather doubt he would mind. For example the mod FAXPAX has a long revision history, and a few times one of us took it and found some minor bug that he missed and reposted it after fixing the little bug. He later fixed most of those on his own, but the point is that he did not mind.

Almost everything in the game and any of the mods can be freely used how you want so long as you give credit. If you run into anything anywhere where a mod author refuses to let you mess with it or *Gasp* ... Wants to "License" it if you want to edit anything, They are in for a very bad time since this is a community supported game and Gaslamp Games officially owns all the mods even if you write them with no help or input from them. This is to keep things community focused and prevent the obvious problems that could happen otherwise.

And by all means, even if the entire population of Earth says you cannot, please feel free to make any changes you want to any mod on your system. Posting it may be a bad idea in a very few situations though, but the point should be clear enough. :)

Fax was logged on Tuesday? So he is back? Well I guess I may be very wrong. Nevermind me. Back to my corner with the dunce cap on.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Kruga

Kruga Member

Think this should be easy. Open the archive, delete rooms.xml and itemdb.xml. Edit spelldb.xml to remove everything starting from ROOMS STUFF. Keep the other files as they are, will not effect gameplay. Repackage in a zip or use a folder. Start a new game and it will work.

EDIT 1: Just don't upload the modded file. As long as you don't do that, it should be fine.

EDIT 2: Oh, didn't see that you have already figured it out!

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  6. Leot

Leot Member

That is almost exactly what I did, save removing ROOM STUFF. That is extra and left in there. XML doesn't seem to be too difficult, though it seems the easiest way to learn is to make your own skill.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I don't know if you're still working on this, but FaxPax has a skill ("Haunted") which conflicts with "Dungeon Delver" in this mod. They both have skill ID #212, so when you have both mods loaded and you choose Dungeon Delver, you get the skills from Haunted as well. And vice versa. A simple find and replace in wordpad fixed it for me.

8. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I fixed a bunch of Dredmor bugs yesterday preventing this guy from working, so it is now up to you to guilt Fax into finishing it. :)

Spite Driven Development! It is the Gaslamp Way.

9. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

It's happening, it's happening. Keep your pants on.

edit: here is a new beta

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    Vitellozzo, Daynab, Kazeto and 2 others like this.
  10. FaxCelestis

Newer build provided here.

Attached Files:

Vitellozzo, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Oh god oh god oh god oh dog.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Nicholas

BTW, you will want to pull the "beta" branch of Dredmor for this as it contains a Handy Little Bugfix. (Just switch on Steam.) I'll do a real push of that once I'm sure said little fix is stable.

13. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Would that bugfix make it possible for me to publish Swashbucklers mod in steam workshop?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. FaxCelestis

What's stopping Swash?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Nicholas

Yeah, good question. What *is* stopping Swash?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

WHOA! it actually uploaded this time! I don't believe it!

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  17. Nicholas

It's Freaky Friday!

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  18. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Is just me or the game seems less prone to crash with lot's of mods, using this beta version?
    Also, it crushed my last save in a pool of blood and files.
    :edit: I retire that: every game I'm starting in a week or so is just ctd every time i try to reload that.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  19. FaxCelestis

I made a bunch of bug fixes: of course its less prone to crashing.

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Who am I going to blame for every bug that remains in the game and every other mod? I guess I can still blame you, but it will just not be the same...

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.