Windows Vista/7 64-bit Game crashed when I hit save and continue, now save won't load in game

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by DavidB1111, Nov 30, 2013.

1. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

However, the savegame exists, With all the other save games. The only real difference between those saves, and the bugged save that crashed, is the level data isn't in the save folder.
    Level0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc.

I don't know why the game crashing upon saving the game would delete half the files in the folder and prevent it from showing up again. PLease explain to me why it exploded upon clicking the save game button...

I'd copy over the level data, to see if that did anything, but I think it might not work.

All I know is I was on level 8, running Interior Dredmoring and Roguish Renovation, in the middle of a good run, and I really don't want to give it up because the game decide to go full retard, and as Tropic Thunder says, "Never go full retard."

I did manage to get the Mastery of Arms achievement.
    But I really don't want to abandon this run because the game refuses to see that the save exists.

I don't know how to fix this, but the save still exists on the hard drive, but Dredmor refuses to accept it's existence.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

This is highly likely a Steam Cloud Sync problem
    However, as the level data isn't present anymore, I don't think that shutting off the syncing will help you

Don't get me wrong, turning off the syncing is a good idea, but it will only help you in the future.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, I just checked, and I have long ago turned off steam cloud syncing with this game.
    So, I have no clue at all what to do here.
    Steam Cloud simply is not active for this game.
    Maybe if I launch the Dredmor program without STeam it should help somehow.

I mean, if the steam cloud is disabled.. I have no clue.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

The thing about turning off the Steam Cloud Syncing is that it doesn't work if you do it via Steam
    You need to navigate to C:\Users\#####\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\ and edit the config.xml file
    Change <setting name="enableSteamCloud" value="1"/> into <setting name="enableSteamCloud" value="0"/> and you're good

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Oh. Wow. I didn't know that. Thanks for explaining that.

OmniaNigrum likes this.