Yay for Pre-Alpha!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Wootah, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Wootah

Wootah Member

So I figure the forum loyals and modders have the pre-alpha.
    I could almost guess which ones have it.

Are they allowed to release/post screenshots?
    Typically companies don't allow that since it is well... they don't want people to get the wrong ideas. But since you guys released an actual announcement, I was hoping for stuff to be popping up in the forums here.

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I am excited

3. Lurker

Lurker Member

Excellent, good to hear things are moving forward.

4. Its my understanding that testing has started with only very few people like family and those who they trust, they'll start with the mailing list next, random selection.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

My guess is it's staff only (and maybe a VERY few others right now), then a slightly larger testing pool of people GLG trust, then it'll be the mailing list for beta. I don't think mailing list people will really be chosen until the start of next year at the earliest, but I could be wrong.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Judging from what the blog post says, There's not a lot of exciting things going on at this point. By the time they start adding people from the mailing list there will probably be more interesting things to play with.

Kazeto and convolutedthinker like this.
  7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

What Ruigi said, it's very much a technical test to see what explodes than actual game testing at this point.

convolutedthinker likes this.
  8. Wootah

Wootah Member

I suspected as much, but I am sure you have one Daynab. I am still hoping you post some screenshots in here for us to talk about. Even if they are just admiring terrain generation or the interesting ways in which piles of citizens look when they die in the same spot.

9. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

10. EleSigma

EleSigma Member

I doubt it, there's probably an NDA right now. Plus as Ruigi said, most of the screenshots right now are probably black screens and error messages. :p

I would say wait until late December and early next year and we might start seeing some more in-game screenies starting to flow out. :D

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I might have fixed the black screens. The screenshots may now just be very slow.

Wootah and convolutedthinker like this.
  12. Will there be a forum for testing feedback and/or screenshots?

13. Wootah

Wootah Member

I would hope not considering they made a public announcement, that would be the worst way to encourage an people to keep an NDA.

This is even more exciting!

I wasn't around for the DoD testing (if there was any) but I think that GLG has some of the best forum community and would get far more (in terms of quality of feedback) out of a beta than many other communities do.

And I would hereby like to volunteer my very old computer to test the low end settings of CE. Built 4 years ago. It still plays games like Diablo 3 and Skyrim on the lowest of settings.

convolutedthinker likes this.
  14. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

15. Zentay

Zentay Member

Do you need any more alpha testers? I do have some coding experience with C++ (hobbyist level) which might be useful and a system which should be able to run an unoptimized game (i7-2600, 16 GB RAM, Radeon HD 7700, Win7 64).

16. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I think the only way to help out is to sign up for the newsletter, and hope for a random selection for the beta

17. Its my understanding that they aren't even letting in the newsletter signup's yet, the version they're testing barely has any fun features in it, its very much a bare bones functionality and compatibility test. Those who signed up for the newsletter are the testers that hunt for bugs, make sure its fun, and provide suggestion, so we aren't needed right now.

18. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's also going slowly because I've had the flu, but we're back on track now.

But yes. It's *very* bare bones.

19. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Bare bones? Sounds more serious than a simple case of the flu, that

hey-o

Dr. Quackzalver likes this.
  20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

[​IMG]