Dredmorpedia

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by J-Factor, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I'd like to suggest displaying the XP values for the monsters and the traps.

Another way it could be improved would be a numerical display of items' levels (as the star ratings only go up to ten whereas the items go up to fifteen)

Also if the number of randoms for artifact items was displayed that would be good too.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  2. Pyrotanis

Pyrotanis Member

Just tried to access dredmorpedia today and it said I couldn't load j-factor.com. This is the first time this has ever happened; anything wrong/ changing?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Stoz

Stoz Member

I can confirm that j-factor.com isn't loading for me either right now. I haven't been playing dredmor recently so I can't comment on if it has or has not been working recently, I just saw your message because I am still subscribed to this thread.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Maybe he took it down, he hasn't been on this forum in a long long time. I have him on Steam but haven't spoken to him in about that long, I'll see if I can ask about it when I see him on.

Pyrotanis, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  5. Stoz

Stoz Member

I believe he had other things hosted at j-factor.com, just like I have other things hosted at stosic.org, however the whole j-factor.com site is unreachable. I don't think he purposely took down dredmorpedia, it's more likely that something is wrong with his whole web hosting.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I hope it's temporary. It's been an invaluable resource for me and many other people.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Stoz

Stoz Member

It appears to be back up!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Pyrotanis

Pyrotanis Member

Oh thank god it's back up. When I play w/o being able to alt-tab to it is like walking blind through a field of cow-patties.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

cow-patties are worse than blade traps and tiger pits imo. Especially if you're wearing $500 boots.

Edit: On a more Serious note, even though I don't use wikis(or even j-factor) while i'm playing, I take note of certain recipes and builds and store them in text documents.

As for ADOM, I tend to use the ADOM Guidebook all of the time(mostly for those obscure random messages that appear in the log, like "You feel very excited" meaning "Greater Vault", as well as the opening questions for altering starting stats)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Stoz

Stoz Member

For what it's worth, I also make notes while playing games, but I write / format my notes with Markdown, which can make them nicer when I just want to read and not edit them later on.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And personally I just write them with Notepad++. But then again, considering that I already have a few lesser files open pretty much always, it means just getting another tab there which makes it the preferred option.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I usually memorize my wiki notes(from notepad) while playing, cause I usually don't need to tab out of Dungeons of Dredmor. TBH I think the older Roguelikes are much harder than Dredmor's GRPD, and would probably require alt-tabbing if they were fullscreen. Luckily most Roguelike windows fit very easily on my desktop, allowing me to just minimize/maximise the wiki window.

13. Why doesn't this wiki contain the Communist Power Armor or the Communist Power Ushanka?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's outdated by a couple versions at this point.

15. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

It's also missing certain mods, such as Swashbucklers, Bluehinter's Unsolicited Enlargement Pack, Android Rogue, Fairy Princess, Debacle of Diggles, Vaults of Maslech and a few others that I can't remember.

16. cromignon

cromignon Member

I don't suppose there's an "Offline" version of this thing, is there?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. You need to be online to load it up, but once it's loaded you can access everything on there offline as long as you keep the tab open.

18. Zion6

Zion6 Member

Wow a lot of work and thank you

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. birb

birb Member

I realize this thread is pretty uh... well, about as dead as most of the stuff on this forum right now, but since I've started playing again I've been using Dredmorpedia a lot, and I noticed just awhile ago that you can actually set it to reflect things added through different mods! I didn't know this till now and it's so fabulous~

Unfortunately not every mod is reflected in it, only a handful, and I'm wondering if there's an easy way to add in mod stuff for it. If it requires one to put in every single item, skill, spell, etc. one by one and attach them to a mod to toggle, then there's no way I'd have time for that stuff, but if there's an easy way to load mods into it then I'd be happy to go get every one and do that myself!

I'm sorry if this is actually covered somewhere else in the thread but a search didn't turn up anything and I don't really wanna look through all twelve pages for this...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Really the best way to understand what is in every mod is to unzip them and read the XML files inside. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it is pretty easy to understand after you read a few dozen of them.

Kazeto likes this.