Mushie's Mushrooms (Items mod)

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Mushie, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Mushie

Mushie Member

Oh, but then the entire referance to Axtinguisher goes away.

2. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

You could have made the sprite resembling the axtinguisher then, it was hard enough to figure you were really pointing at that weapon. But you can call it "The Real/True Axtinguisher" or the "Pyromantic Axtinguisher" or something like that.
    But that's just the least interesting thing you should change: any plans about balancing your items?

3. Mushie

Mushie Member

I didont quite want it to look to much like the Axtinguisher from tf2, but i tried to give it a slight resamblance.
    Well I am trying. Any ideas of what i should do to balance some of the items?

4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I told you, +10:crit: on a lvl0 crossbow is simply too much.
    And the same for the evolution of rainbow with that crazy +20:crit:.
    For the cost you could look at similar level and power of core items, if you plan to balance this element too.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Mushie

Mushie Member

I thought i had removed it, i removed it compleatly now. I'm concidering removing the piercing damage to them too. (Well it's not added on the released verson yet, i still need to do some bugtesting)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, piercing damage is fine, for as long as the values are appropriate - outside of health and mana points (with each point being worth about a third or a fourth of a "standard" point), as well as trap affinity, health regeneration, mana regeneration, and armour absorption (worth one and a half to two and a half "standard" points), every point is worth about as much as any other point. Of course the exact worth of these points varies depending on the item - magic power is worth a bit less on a dagger than it is on a staff because it is more likely for a staff user to need it than it is for a dagger user, and defensive stats are worth more on crossbows because some people don't use crossbows so getting free defensive bonuses from that slot is really welcome for them, righteous damage is also a bit more worth when found on high-level weapons as it comes in handy against Dredmor, and there are other cases of this sort but I won't list all of them - but overall you want to make is so that items of a given level that you make have point value (measured in these "standard" points) similar to the point value of already-existing items of that level, slight variations caused by other things notwithstanding.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  7. Mushie

Mushie Member

'tis I! I've been doing other stuff, like school and video games. I will probary keep doing this stuff, but I've updated most of the sprites and changed some coding on the mod. And yet I don't manage to upload it on the workshop. :c
    Here have some pictures comparing the old (left) to the new (right).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kazeto, Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. Mushie

Mushie Member

Still no homework from school yet, so I've used this oppertunity to mod, and sprite 16 new swords based on silver and gems. Aiming to make 38 swords in the silver + gems series I'm currently working on. Lets hope I can keep it up at this pace.
    Edit : I misscalculated, there will only be a tottal of 27 swords in the series, NOT 38.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Kazeto, Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.