Dungeons of Dredmor stopped working since the patch

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by drewt, Sep 7, 2011.

1. drewt

drewt Member

The game was working fine on Sunday, but after the update, when I try to launch the program, it gives me a message saying Dungeons of Dredmor.exe has stopped working. I downloaded the game through Steam. Is there a fix for this or do I need to re-install?

2. Misery

Misery Member

I would just re-install.

It's a common fix for games offa Steam, and usually the first thing to try. Steam generally makes it pretty easy to do.

If you do it and it STILL doesnt work.... well, I dunno what to tell ya there, aside from making sure that drivers and whatever are updated.

3. drewt

drewt Member

I uninstalled it, but now when I try to re-install it, I get a message from Steam saying 'Steam error. This game is currently unavailable. Please try again another time.'

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Just grabbed it here on my home laptop; it installed fine. Let me know if it's not working tomorrow morning; I may need to poke Valve or something.

5. drewt

drewt Member

I'm still having the same issue. Same error message, even though the game appears in my Steam Library.

6. drewt

drewt Member

One of the Steam users suggested that I delete all the config files. Once I did this, I was able to choose the uninstall option, and then reinstall the game. It is now working fine (though the screen resolution still doesn't match up right with my 1600x900 screen, and the only setting that works is 1024x600). I lost all of my character data and couldn't restore anything so I lost my level 10-12 fencer magic user, but at least I can play the game now. Thanks for your suggestions, guys.

7. Stexred

Stexred Member

yeah only deleting config.txt and config.xml should reset those things