[BUG] Boss eel spawns in monster zoo, on dry land

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by ushkinaz, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ushkinaz

ushkinaz Member

Title says it all.

http://i.imgur.com/IB6wX.png

2. Daiug

Daiug Member

i HATE that boss. Last time it twoshotted me -_-

3. ushkinaz

ushkinaz Member

Killed it with 10+ shots of Narcosomatic Induction, each caused 2 damage :)

4. Daiug

Daiug Member

The thing is, the first time i was like "Ohh a cute eel, let's two shot him too..." Classic half life with 1 hit, and i didn't saw the block on my part. After that i attack again and he deal 30~ dmg. And i die :v

Since that day i used everything i had to ranged him :v

5. stoo

stoo Member

On level 5 I had a room with 6(!) lava eelys, all on dry land. They do _massive_ damage with their fire spitting attack, disproportionate to all the other monsters on that level (even boss monsters).

I have a feeling this isn't intended, and lava eelys should be confined to lava.

6. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

That already happened on v1.03 Oo

7. jareddm

jareddm Member

Personally I don't mind this. It's not like he can move. In fact when I first saw him, I thought he was some sort of king blobby.

8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I always range them to death, or at least close to death, and then see how hard they hit, and then run away, if it's too high.

9. Marak

Marak Member

Yeah, I made the mistake of trying to melee the occasional Eely - bad, bad, awful, terrible idea. They're like the Arch Diggles of their respective floors. The best thing to do (if you can) is stand well back and pelt them spells or whatever Thrown Weapons/Crossbow Bolts you happen to have handy.

10. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, the eely on level 4 are meleeable. But barely.

11. hafu78

hafu78 Member

ive seen it happen in floor 1. a lava eely. in the ground.
    it 1 shotted me D:

12. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

If you have decent armor now, the ones on level 4 are absolutely no problem. That's where my current saved game is, so I haven't tried ones lower than that yet.

13. Marak

Marak Member

Yeah, I just fought a couple of Floor 4 ones, they were doing 10-ish damage with light armor, so not as scary as I remembered. Now Lava Eelys, on the other hand...

14. archioneiloss

archioneiloss Member

i dont think this is a bug, its just cool that the eely can spawn in monster zoo. thats the funny thing in this game

15. they spawn outside zoos too, today I found 2 on dry land, one of them sleeping