Awesome Lutefisk bug %D

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Psiweapon, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Ok, I just loaded a game. It's a v 1.03 save that's running pretty good with 1.05, except for the Drag Brax issue.

I remembered about the lutefisk cube and threw two or three items inside without thinking (or looking too much)

Then I noticed it wasn't lutefisk inside the cube. It was D I A M O N D S.

The diamonds had turned up inside the lutefisk cube thanks to the tool shuffle thing bug.

And now, my lutefisk cube is turning EVERYTHING I throw into it into diamonds.

Now, gentlemen, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to exploit this bug all the way to stinkin' rich, because my character is a vampire without any spellcasting or crafting, and so I don't have much use for 75% of the loot, which I was selling anyways. A shame that the 60+ lutefisk stack has disappeared into some unknown part of toolspace.

I don't think 132 diamonds are ever generated throughout an entire dungeon, right?

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/Psiweapon/stinkinrich.jpg

2. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Okay I've got to stop at some point and 513 diamonds seems enough for me.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/Psiweapon/513diamonds.jpg

3. ushkinaz

ushkinaz Member

Richest person in all dungeons of Dreadmor.
    You'll be able to kill Lord Dreadmor himself with just a weight of all the zorkmids you carry, lol.

4. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

IDK, Brax paid some 150,000 Zorkmids.

I've got now the following items inside my crafting tools:

Anvil: amethyst, black pearl, potion of invisibility, steel ingot

Ingot press: Bolt of squid, potion of replenishment, potion of lively regeneration, sapphire

Elven Ingot Grinder: Bolt of Mass Destruction

Porta-Still : Potion of dire empowerment, Skull Bolt.

If I manage to dupe the BMD with this bug, now that's going to be stinkin' rich! %D

5. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

My Horadric Lutefisk cube now has Potions of Lively Regeneration inside. I'm going to make, IDK, a dozen or so of them and then I'll dick around with item placement in the toolkits to see if I can get either the bolt of mass destruction or bolt of squid inside the cube.

God, am I having fun with this bug.

6. ChelchSaper

ChelchSaper Member

I figured out how to exploit this random allocation bug.

When I load a saved game and open all the crafting tools, there are three on top and three below in the middle of the screen. Horaldic Lutefisk Cube is in the middle of those crafting tools.

If I put an item in the bottom slot of the Porta Still crafting box when its at its starting position (top right). Then I place the Horaldic Lutefisk Cube directly on top of the item I placed in the porta-still. Then i move the Porta-still out from underneath the Horaldic Cube. Then I save the game and totally exit Dredmor. When I re-enter Dredmor and the reload the game, the item I placed in the Porta-still is now in the Horaldic Cube. Any items I place in Cube become the item I placed in the porta-still.

For example, I placed one Bolt of Mass Destruction in the Porta-Still. I positioned the Cube over it and then moved the porta-still out of the way. I saved and quit Dredmor and reloaded. I added 400 lutefisk to the bolt in the Cube. Now I have 400 Bolts of Mass Destruction. This is AWESOME.

This exploit should probably be fixed, but I would rather it not because this is hard to do by accident. This also shows that the random placement of items in the craft boxes isn't entirely random.

On top of this, I can enchant the stack of mass destruction with Krong. Then, I can use the "it belongs in a museum" archaeology skill to get free exp for each bolt if I unstack them.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

YOUR LUTEFISK IS NOW DIAMONDS.

(Okay, fixing.)

8. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

@Nicholas lol.

To be fair you could have just rolled mathematics and made that much from curse in a couple of dungeon levels.

9. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

@ChelchSaper

Wow! Thanks for the tips!!! Let's see if your method works.

:D

I know it's a horrible bug, but it's so fun dicking around with it!

Imagine you're in a dungeon... as good as they get, truth be told, there's food and vending machines and whatnot inside. Still you got shitloads of monsters trying to bite your ass off,

And one day, OUT OF THE GODDAMN BLUE, your good for nothing magic thingamajig... that turns things into goddamn lutefisk... starts making BETTER items! Whoa!

Like hell I wouldn't be doing insane experiments with the cube!!

10. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Works like a charm, I just made my Bolt of Mass Destruction Number One Hundred.

Kudos!!! :D

11. ChelchSaper

ChelchSaper Member

I have my tinker skill maxed, so i can use steel ingots (or any ingot) to create bolts and then convert the bolts back to steel ingots. Then, once I have 1000 or 1000000+ steel bolts, I can convert them to 1000 or 1000000+ Bolts of Mass Destruction.

12. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Well I had enough with a hundred-and-something

Sold 125 and kept 25. 800k something zorkmids. Now I've also "skol'ed" sixty something bolts of squid, thirty something skull bolts, some potions of replenishment, and I'm onto potions of invisibility right now.

13. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

This is like when people discovered the super-easy item-duplication bug in Oblivion -- the one that worked regardless of platform. I'd accidentally stumbled across the instructions after seeing some of the hilarious results (like flooding a room with watermelons), and found myself unable to play the game without doing this.

I'm glad they disabled that particular exploit, 'cause I just couldn't resist the urge to use it any time I played.

14. derpyderp

derpyderp Member

Thread status: Hilarious.

Applause activated.

15. ChelchSaper

ChelchSaper Member

I did this duplication trick on a ring artifact (blessed by Krong) that by default has no bonuses. When I get a big stack of artifact rings, each unstack re-rolls the bonuses on the ring. This is good for the "it belongs in a museum" archaeology skill and strengthening your character.

If an item has bonuses attached to it by default, unstacking will just return the extra items to default. This is a good way to return a cursed item to its default.

I would like to find a wizards' sleeve to try this duplication exploit with. The sleeve may provide the most benefit with "it belongs in a museum" or maybe I could find another use for them (like trying to fill a whole room with them!).

16. ushkinaz

ushkinaz Member

Ah, what a looser I am. I got this bug too, but instead of diamonds it generates Crude Iron Maces. What a joke.

17. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

just follow ChelchSaper's method above if you want to exploit it.