Lutefisk God broken?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Daiug, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

300 sounds good to me.

2. I don't see the sense in offering lutefisk to the lutefisk god anyway. I always ended up transforming all my inventory items that I didn't need or that I could spare into lutefisk just to recieve an enchanted spear, although I was using swords/axes/whatever.

This has led me to just ignoring lutefisk at all. I rather sell all my spare items to Brax now. I receive enough epic items by doing quests anyway

3. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

My current build includes burglary, and every 40+ steps or so I generate more lockpicks. Takes no time at all to get stacks of 100-200, which I convert into lutefisk.

I don't know about the balance they're striving for *shrug*. I think about 1 out of ten items I've gotten, if that many, were useful. Still, once I get the Cube, it's Lutefisk City.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I've actually been playing mostly without lutefisk except for testing, haha. I don't really enjoy the whole inventory fiddling thing though it's certainly better than it used to be. But I find the rewards generally aren't worth the hassle.

5. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

I just use the Horadric lutefisk cube to store spare booglutefisk.

6. TheDiscordian

TheDiscordian Member

After playing around with things it seems that the more 'fisk turned in at once the better the reward. If you turn in smaller stacks you'll end up with a crappy to mediocre reward after 200 to 300 'fisk. If you turn in a stack of 500 all at once the item will typically be pretty impressive.

7. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I'd like:
    • 1 positive attribute per 50 lutefisk with no cap on the number of attributes
      • Long term investment with a potentially great payout
    • No weapons/armor as rewards - only jewelry
      • Friendly to all builds - saving up 500 lutefisk and then being given the wrong weapon type is silly
      • Lutefisk God believes in pacifism?
      • Opposite of Evil Chests (which only contain weapons)
    • Remove unlimited lutefisk exploits (lockpicks, spores, etc)

8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

You know, I would actually like that idea. I'm not for the "no cap" thing though since if you get 5000 lutefisk by floor 5 it's a ridiculous item you're going to get. But maybe 10 attributes cap (meaning max is still 500) but making all rewards jewellery would be a cool idea considering it's already hard to find.

9. I agree the current lutefisk variant needs some polish.