Brax's secret identity...

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by sunaseth, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Createx

Createx Member

It also gives the "Angered Shopkeeper" distinction.
    However, I did not win the game automatically starting a new game, neither loading a newly created savegame, and neither loading the savegame where I killed Brax earlier.

2. Createx

Createx Member

Also, when getting killed by Braxmor, it counts as killed by Brax. No screenshot, I forgot to take one, but of now I have killed Braxmor and got killed by Brax. That means in achievements: Beat DM with permadeath, angered Brax and got killed by Brax. Also, no more old saves for me :)

3. drew

drew Member

Ha! Just killed Braxmor on dungeon level 1 with my warrior build. DM permadeath.

To start, I used all the mushroom buffs, a hyperborean potion, and a deep omlette. I pissed him off with a potion of radiance standing right next to him. I used two inky hoglanterns to seperate my attack into three waves. First wave, I just hit him a lot of times with an unpaid-for Nailboard! Second and third waves using my crap crossbow with crap iron bolts. Kind of amazing that I could do that with my junk equipment from level 1. Perhaps Braxmor has Brax's hitpoints? I'm really going to have to switch to GR now.

4. hafu78

hafu78 Member

all i know is, when i killed him he certainly didnt seem to have 200 hitpoints, considering my character did around 24 damage a shot and took him down in 5 hits.

heres a good way to engage him from a distance: put a rune of exploding/that glyph from astrology in the doorway, get as far as possible, and pick something up, and he will stand in it. injures him, angers him, and if your astrology you might be lucky enough for a free stun. not only for braxmor, but good for normal brax.

5. drew

drew Member

I loaded up an old level 10 save. Dredmor looks like a robot! Killing Robo-dred didn't end the game but killing Braxmor did.

6. I'm currently continuing an old save from before the patch and Brax only appeared as Dredmor on the floor I saved the game on. All following floors had the correct graphic of Brax again. I do not have burglary in my skillset however.