Dredmor 1.1.3 Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

That's because originally you could use CE to pick up any trap and put it in your inventory no matter what your trap affinity was. When I pointed this out, they were like "erk!" and just made it fail on any trapped square.

mining, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

They couldn't make it simply not work on the traps themselves?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

They could. Then again, it is as if you were incapable of wrestling the item from under the trap because someone tied it with a string.

I guess it depends on how frustrating it is for you in game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Wootah

Wootah Member

It isn't a big deal, although in retrospect, I realize now there have been times that it failed, and i never knew why, and now I know it was because the item had some how ended up on a trap that was outside my :trap_sense:.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Indiggles

Indiggles Member

I might have to double check that I have the it installed correctly, but I just installed the beta and am still having problems with Polymorphic injunction crashing, this old news? Or is it supposed to be working now?

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I do, indeed, have one reported polymorphic injunction crash. If anybody gets a .dmp file from this, please send it in for PRIZES.

(there may not be any prizes)

Exile, Kazeto, mining and 1 other person like this.
  7. Wootah

Wootah Member

I have tried for hours to crash the game with Polymorphic Injunction. Hasn't happened yet.

Also Shift+Alt isn't working correctly when the cube is closed. If it is open it puts the targeted item on the ground directly into the cube. If it is closed it wont. If you use it on a trap, you get the experience for it, but again, it wont go into the cube unless it is open.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. Indiggles

Indiggles Member

Haven't had a chance to play in a few days; will see if I can get a .dmp next time it happens. Last time I remember I hit spacebar immediately after casting Injunction which is when it CTD'd. (This was the first loadup after I installed the 1.1.3 beta on account of because Injunction was casting randomly on cast playing whatever version is on steam).

EDIT: err, it was "crashing" randomly on cast, not "casting" randomly on cast
    DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, I may well have gotten a .dmp from the aforementioned crash but it's, uh, that character's name is kind of embarrassing. I'm going to try to replicate it again on a new adventurer..

Arron Syaoran and OmniaNigrum like this.
  9. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Two questions:
    1. Does the patch fix the bug where if you save the game, some (or all?) of the pushable objects on that floor stop being pushable?
    2. Will this patch be available for us Mac users any time relatively soonish?

Essence and OmniaNigrum like this.
  10. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

On a related note, does it fix the bug where when you save the game opened Uberchests can no longer be walked over?
    (Unless I'm misinterpreting how Uberchests are supposed to work, in which case does it fix the bug where opened Uberchests can be walked over before you save the game?)

OmniaNigrum and Kreny like this.
  11. ClearIcicle

ClearIcicle Member

Okay, just wanting to ask whether two bugs, that I can reliably reproduce in 1.12, are now fixed in 1.13 :

1) Mathemagic's Curse of the Golden Ratio, when cast on a Diggle, WILL cause the game to crash if the Diggle dies to the DoT while "underground". This is not on the current bug list.
    2) A game saved with my Linux x86 (Steam) version, will always CTD when loading it on a Windows 7(x64/Steam) machine. It does not matter whether it was created with the Linux or Steam version originally. I do not seem to be the only one affected there. (This might be what: - FIXED: Steamworks support for x86 Linux and - FIXED: other issues w/x86 and AMD64 Linux builds (for VALVETIME) refer to)

I am kind of wary checking out the new version on my Windows Steam vs. only (fearing it'll bork my savegames when the Linux machine is running 1.12).

Also, what's the ETA for arrival on steam for both Windows and Linux?

JimJam707, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  12. Wootah

Wootah Member

Most recent version:
    Maxed Wandcrafting. Didn't get steam Achievement.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. neocow

neocow Member

Electrical Strike weapon-power (brand?) is causing the client to stall when using higher speeds. (than the lowest)
    Save file zipped and attached. No mods, all expansions.

EDIT: Non game breaking bug, when i place and remove one of the bush daggers from the slot, i start gaining enemy dodge reduction by 1 everytime i put it in the slot, this stat does no go away...
    Edit: test 3 is the version

Attached Files:

14. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

In order of objections:

- Okay, we can track down whatever is happening with the bush dagger.
    - Diggles dying while underground... is that just Golden Ratio, or is it everything? Regardless, I'd better deal with that.

I also have a shopping crash to deal with.

My headspace is totally occupied with CE right now but I'm going to try to do some work on this this weekend.

Exile, Wootah, Vitellozzo and 4 others like this.
  15. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I found a neat exploit, wonder if anyone else did. Use skepticism on Brax. It will not make him disappear, but might leave an item on his carpet. Move him off it by picking up some item on an item table, and hey, free item!

Also, same thing happens to monster zoo monsters. Thought I saw it happen once, Batty dropped an Acidspitter and didn't change to something else, now can't replicate. Suspect another batty just replaced it. The sad, sordid, and oh-so-familiar story is simply that it affects corpses. So a corpse underneath the Batty was changed to an acidspitter, instead of the batty. Interestingly enough, this doesn't happen consistently.

Exile, Daynab and Kazeto like this.
  16. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

o_o

Brax POOPS?!?

Kaidelong likes this.
  17. actreal

actreal Member

The latest version is "not a Steam build" so presumably that means that no Steam achievements are working?

I live in hope that Steam will update based on in-game achievements once it is back to being a Steam build.

18. Musaab

Musaab Member

This patch was announced in September last year. I bet it's going to be huge taking this much time, eh folks?

19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Gaslamp have made it pretty clear that the patch is being worked on, but also that their other project - Clockwork Empires - is currently taking priority.

They're not sitting around with their thumbs up their backsides.

mining and Kazeto like this.
  20. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

In fact, not really. It's a relatively small hotfix patch. Reason it's taken this long is what Althea said, they're working on it when they have a moment off CE.