Checking back in; hilarious

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Greg72, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Greg72

Greg72 Member

So a month and a half later and dual wield still busted

This is why indie games get a bad rap

2. DerpTyrant

DerpTyrant Member

I'm too tired to deal with the likes of you.

Just leave.

3. lokiju

lokiju Member

Indie games *don't* have a bad rap. In fact, they are faring better than AAA titles lately. Give it 12 months and then maybe a game published by EA will be working as intended. Maybe.

4. Deathdom

Deathdom Member

So a year and a half later and VOIP is still broken in BC2. Anyways, if you bothered spending 1 or 2 minutes checking, you would have found out that dual wield has been fixed in the new patch set to come out this week.

5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@Greg72 Be nice, Dual Wield will be fixed soon.
    You can do more with kindness than rudeness.
    "You can do more with a kind word and a gun, then a kind word alone." Al Capone.

6. Embolus

Embolus Member

They're actually taking their time with this current patch to prevent anything like last patch's "fiasco" (which IMO isn't really a problem at all) happening again. IIRC aren't you the one who complained that the last patch came out too quickly?

7. 123stw

123stw Member

@Greg72

Last I check games like Simcity 3000 wouldn't even bother fixing a simple land value overflow, at all.....

8. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

Oh, but dual wielding IS fixed. I spent over an hour today playing a dual wielder in the beta. Mmmm, it feels good to not be you, Greg ~.^

9. larams

larams Member

Taking the time on this? Don't you mean they took the time for personal reasons just days after release and left the game hanging including the people who bought the game? Paint it however you want but that was a terrible business decision.

When people buy something that is broken they have a right to complain until something is done. When complaints are not addressed because the company is out moving to an apartment or other personal reasons that is completely unprofessional. It's not Greg72 with the problem.

He bought the game and it doesn't work for him. He has a right to be posting his dissatisfaction. The rest of you have no affiliation with the game. Your not responsible to the people who have bought it.

It's like taking your broken Ford in for service and trying to complain but there are a bunch of happy Ford customers yelling at you and calling you names because you have the nerve to say something bad about Ford. Never mind it's none of their business and never mind the complaints might be true.

10. 123stw

123stw Member

@larams
    So how exactly are you affiliated with Greg72 again? Yes this question is intended to have 2 interpretations.

He falsely suggests that non indie game actually get patches faster than DoD. Most of us simply provided evidences to prove otherwise.

11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@larams Let's also not forget you're being kind of a jerk.
    This game may be a bit slow on the patching, but it does get the job done.
    You need to stop hating on the creator of this game just because you and Greg72 think your opinions are those of all the rest.

First off, go play Master of Orion 3 unpatched. Then tell me this game is broken at launch. Simply saying the game was broken renders your argument moot, because you don't know what a broken game is.
    And your comparison is useless in this instance as well.
    It's not like taking a Ford to get fixed, it's like pouring water on your computer, and then complaining that it's not working. :)

In other words, Don't piss on people and say it's raining. :)
    Heck, I can explain why I can sound like a jerk easily, I have a mental disorder that makes it hard for me to get my point across easily. :) What's your excuse for being a jerk?

12. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

@larams Your analogy is terrible.

It's like you bought a specific car that has a known defect, and it's been recalled. The people who work on the problem are having problems dealing with it because they are having to spend their time working on a merger. They say they're going to need a little extra time to fix the problem.

You then turn around and not only criticize the car, not just the car company, but ALL car companies because an unforseen defect was taking longer than you'd like to fix because the workers were unable to work at the time.

Also, as a programmer for the past 15 years, I can safely say that what people would assume to be a 'quick fix' is never a quick fix. We have no affiliation with Gaslamp, but that means we can't tease someone for being snotty? He went from 'They haven't fixed this thing fast enough for me' to 'This is why indie games have a bad rep.' He's missing the second step in his syllogism there.

13. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@fishofmuu Well said. Compared to you, I seem like an uncouth simpleton. :)
    Well, tact was never a skill of mine.
    When born, I picked the Arrogant God-Complex trait. In retrospect, probably not good that I put all my stat points in intelligence and constitution as well. :) Good luck poisoning me though.

14. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

This thread is lulzy.

15. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Ooohhh c'mon!

People bitching this hard about an AWESOME game at 4€ price, I don't even want to know what they do when the latest 70€ title crashes on them. Angry german kid, probably.

16. eisiger

eisiger Member

the problem a lot of people are having is believing that this is a bad "business" decision, when they didn't expect to be this successful, whatever that may be. If you read some of the earlier blogs, you'd realize they didn't jump in thinking they'd have a big enough fanbase to continue working on polishing and adding content to the game, and that one of the lead devs was in a bad position to getting any work done soon after release. Patch 1.0.4 should be out soon with this and other fixes, if you've been reading the Gaslamp blog updates as well.

Short answer, passive aggressive nerd rage.