lutefisk statue?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by liamdawe, Aug 21, 2011.

1. liamdawe

liamdawe Member

Does anything happen by giving it loads of lutefisk? Gave it 5 to test and nothing.

2. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Yeah, try giving it ~100. :)

3. Kaoy

Kaoy Member

http://www.gaslampgames.com/forum/discussion/697/lutefisk-cube-and-multiple-item-bugs#Item_41

About half way down, people start discussing how they are coded. The TL;DR of it is the more Lutefisk you put in, the more heavily enchanted it gets. Still, you couple 500 lutefisk in and it could all be wasted on a Stone Axe. Then again, nothing says it can't all go to an Emerald Necklace either.

4. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

The maximum is 100, maybe 101 total, per se, to get the maximum amount of power upgrades on an item.
    so, yeah, put in 100 always, and you will get a really nice boost to the item. Although, it may end up being a rusty sword when you're a mace user, on floor 6.

5. Majjin

Majjin Member

The amount of lutefisk you need to give the statue is random with a cap of like 60~ or {so never got anything higher than that}, the higher the cap is the better the item will be. I use to reroll the statue until it gave me a decent item, not worth it. Skip lutefisk statues imo.

The real rewards are from doing quests, and saving right before you complete one then complete it, reload the save until it gives you a good item. Once again the reward you get is random with a higher chance to get better items as you descend farther down.

6. Bhruic

Bhruic Member

There are some factual errors there. The cap on lutefisk is 100. That will get you the best enchantment possible, as well as guarunteeing an item. If you put in less, you still have a chance of getting an item (every time you put lutefisk in, you have a "total lutefisk/100" chance of getting something), but the power of the enchantments will be less (you get 1 + (total lutefisk / 25)) points worth of enchantments).

As for quests, the rewards aren't random from an enchantment point of view, you get (2 + (floor level - 1)) points worth. The item itself is random though (as it is with lutefisk).

There is a bug with v1.03 that allows for primary enchantments to be added to an item, but not counted (if you normally get "points" worth, you'd get "points + 1" worth), so it may appear at times as if you got a better item than you otherwise should have - which is true, but not a factor of the number of lutefisk, or the floor you are on.

7. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@Bhruic
    Yep!
    And Chests of evil always seem to have a high chance to put 5 or more points of toxic/acidic/choking (Let's call it that.) damage on a weapon.
    I got some strange weapons from that.

Hey, do you know if the amount of anvils on a floor is hard coded? And if so, what's the point of the TweakDB,xml tweak related to it?

8. Kaoy

Kaoy Member

Regarding AoK: I have only ever seen 2 or 0 in my ~80 hours of play. The thing is, the 2s very much out weigh the 0, so I can't help but think the 0s are a quirk in the level creation system.

9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Yeah. I think I once found 3 on a level. And I know I found one once.
    But I never saw 0 anvils. That would make me punch the RNG. :)