New Achievement - spatial idiocy

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by ojensen5115, Aug 20, 2011.

1. ojensen5115

ojensen5115 Member

I think there should be a new achievement for when you're playing on rogue, you get pretty advanced, and then you SUCCESSFULLY use a spatial instability potion to get to one of those random island things with items on them... only to realize you now have no way of getting back off. I just lost a character to that T_T

2. Kaoy

Kaoy Member

Two questions:

Why just on rogue?

How would they track that?

3. Tahrfarce

Tahrfarce Member

Or, an easier one to track, most likely:
    Teleport by any means and then immediately die.

4. Kaoy

Kaoy Member

Heh, that I have had happen to me a couple of times. Came across a named big blue that hit me once for 45 damage, I tried to tele away with a potion but landed right where I started.

5. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

I think landing where you started is a failed TP... like it tried to TP you into a wall, or something. I've had problems where I try to randomly TP, and I end up standing next to three enemies instead of two, and then get pummeled instantly....

6. Kaoy

Kaoy Member

Yeah, had that happen before. Was an idiot and opened a Zoo when I was at about 10 health. I tried to run a bit, realized a couple mobs spawned in the only escape route, so tried to tele. I ended up with monsters on all 8 sides of me. One mob was kind enough not to move that turn so there was a perfect little spot for me.

7. ojensen5115

ojensen5115 Member

this was more an expression of my frustration than an actual suggestion...

8. Dverger

Dverger Member

Is your character still alive? If so; there's an exploit you can use to get out of there:
    http://www.gaslampgames.com/forum/discussion/868/stuck-on-an-island#Item_4

9. hafu78

hafu78 Member

or, an achievement to teleport into a previously un-discovered monster zoo. i just did that about 3 hours ago.

R.I.P. vampire dual wielder

10. Despayre

Despayre Member

I like the teleport then die achievment. Call it 'Should have zagged.' :)