Steam Winter Sale

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Loerwyn, Dec 19, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Yeah. I got "Dungeon Defenders and all DLC" from the Humble Bundle. Then I redeem the code on Steam and find $50 worth of DLC that is not part of that...

I am not surprised nor disappointed. The game is good enough for what I paid. But I 'effing hate deceptions like that.

*Edit* My mistake. Actually Steam made the mistake. They show many DLC available, but have no way to filter out what you already own before you add it to your cart. And once there you have to manually remove each item one at a time. Jerks!

2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Torchlight 2 is 50% off for the next 12hrs or so. Still more than I want to pay for it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I just picked up the divinity trilogy for $14.99, which is 50% off. I've heard good things about it for years, but never tried it. Only question is, when am I going to find or make the time to play it. Besides RL, and everything else I do, I'm currently kind of obsessed with Rift.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Divinity 2 is nothing like the previous two (it's also Divine then Beyond then Div 2), just so you know.

I got the retail edition direct from Larian (signed :3) for my birthday <3

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Bought my first thing in the Steam sale.

Was it Arkham Shitty? Deus Sex? TOM CUHLANCEY? Nope. I upgraded Civ V to Civ V GotY.

mining and OmniaNigrum like this.
  6. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Just bought Forge, because I've heard many a good thing about it. I'm usually pretty crap at multiplayer shooters, but I've somehow invested 120+ hours in TF2 already, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it somehow :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. jeremywc

jeremywc Member

I've never heard of anyone else using WMA files for a game, my guess is they were just using the easiest possible solution for them. They seem to be most comfortable working with Microsoft tools. I think they're more interested in recreating specific experiences than what technical foundation those experiences get built on. I don't mean that as a disparaging remark, I love Zeboyd's games and those guys work really hard.

Right now TinkerHouse Games has been taking care of their ports to other platforms, so there's always a bit of delay waiting on the ports to catch up to the Windows / XBox releases. It would be nice to get their games faster on Android (and maybe Linux some day). It also does make you really appreciate the work that Gaslamp has to put into maintaining their releases across all three major OS platforms.

mining and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

GamersGate seems to be a bit wobbly this morning, but I got the Kingdoms of Amalur collection for £9 (missing just the weapons/armour pack) and I picked up the item pack on Origin for about £3.20

So yeah, GamersGate wins again ;)

Edit: Oh wait The Secret World is 50% off too.

Well, I've got enough games for the next decade now.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I played the demo way back when and had a few problems with it. I certainly didn't care to pay more than a few bucks for it. It's still 79.99 for the collection on Steam, but GamersGate is $14.99 for the entire collection. So I guess I may as well dive in lol.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's interesting (IMHO) to note that Amalur has not been price dropped on Steam (it has on Origin, GamersGate and most other stores where it's distributed by EA), and that the collection is £40 (for me in the UK), but also that the weapons/armour pack is not available on GamersGate but is on Steam & Origin.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

I sold some crates on TF2 on the new marketplace to buy some friends the dredmor expansions. I love that thing.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Aegho

Aegho Member

Bought Penny Arcade's On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness 3, at 60% off for €1.60.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I tried OTRSPoD 2 and 3, but hated them both. They were brutally hard and had no way to grind for experience that I could find before I gave up on them.

14. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Looking at Dead Island and thinking "eh, maybe", but I've spent enough on games.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Kind of in the same place right now, spent too much on games earlier this year.

If there's something I really want that's something like 75% off, maybe.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Way off topic, but I am running out of money for games too. I spent $40 already this month on games. But a friend gave me a Benjamin as a gift, so I am still able to buy the good deals.

I bought two of these Popcorn Makers though. One as a gift for the friend who gave me the Benjamin and one for myself.

I did this because I heard they can actually lightly roast Coffee beans too. That doubles the value to me. I hope these turn out good.

17. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Mount and Blade collection. 8,74 euros for the whole, or 5 euros for the best of them all (warband). Gogogo!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

If you have little to no patience, however, they're not particularly great.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

it says $8.74 dollars for me.

screw math,lets just charge people 1€ = $1,they surely wont complain -,.,-

Aegho and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

But, it's actually cheaper for you.

OmniaNigrum likes this.