Remove Locked Doors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by J-Factor, Aug 14, 2011.

1. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

What is the purpose of locked doors?

Even the feeblest mage can kick them down after a couple of attempts, losing at most 3-4 health. All they do is waste your lockpicks or give you free exp if you took Burglary.

I'd rather they were just removed or only placed on special single-entrance rooms that contained treasure (and in turn make 'kick it down' much more dependant on melee power).

2. rusticdog

rusticdog Member

Yeah doors peeved me a bit, I made an extra Recipe 'Jail Bake'....Brass Ingot + 3 Diggle Eggs made a cake that when eaten made lockpicks.

Does seem odd there's no real alternatives unless you want to spam the Burglary spell.

3. GeneralSalad

GeneralSalad Member

I kinda like the locked doors myself. It WOULD be a nice option to kick them down instead of lockpicking them every time, though you can kind of do this already by placing your lockpicks in say a smithing kit. However that is somewhat annoying to do (put them in open door, take them out open chest, put them back in open another door etc etc).

4. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

When you kick locked doors, it makes a noise, so if you kick it enough times, you can end up with a whole pile of monsters at the door.

Force kicking is going to be in 1.04

5. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Right, that makes sense. I still can't imagine <i>anyone</i> wanting to waste a lockpick just for a chance to not have a pile-up behind the door.

It really is hard not to take Burglary. Managing lockpicks is terrible and the free exp is way too good to pass up.

6. 123stw

123stw Member

Or you can be a brute and break everything.

That's what I do at least.

7. liamdawe

liamdawe Member

Yeah i would also like to not have to lock pick doors, a kick only option would be great.

8. hafu78

hafu78 Member

but i enjoy shattering doors with my magnificent foot!

9. bleh..

bleh.. Member

not to mention on the first few rooms, with say a vampirism char, those 2 damage can stack up and ruin your chance of getting out of first floor