Magical Kleptoblobbies

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Turiko, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Turiko

Turiko Member

So i finally got to level 5, and i'm happy i picked crossbow alongside melee - lots of irritating creatures here. The kleptoblobbies seem to behave in a way theyshouldn't though - i looked it up, and it's supposed to drop the last item it stole. When i noticed my items weren't returning, i checked the text - i noticed that sometimes the blobs die and THEN they steal my item, resulting in the destruction :S.

2. Yeah, sometimes monsters get a last attack in when they die. This is obviously mostly an issue with kleptos and monsters with corrupting attacks. I'm pretty sure they're aware of the issue.

3. Kaoy

Kaoy Member

Unrelated, but at the moment there is really no point to taking crossbow or throwing skills. They provide very poor damage buffs and the ammunition return isn't currently functioning properly. As it is now, only the killing shot has a chance of being 'returned'.

4. Marak

Marak Member

There's also a bug where if you kill a Kleptoblobby with a Counterattack, your item goes *poof*. Fun times.

5. aaron

aaron Member

Moral of the story: Don't store anything useful in the first few slots of the toolbar. ;-)

6. GeneralSalad

GeneralSalad Member

Yeah I tend to keep food there when playing a vampirism build or ingots when not playing a crafting build etc.

7. Marak

Marak Member

Putting stuff like Saltpetre or Aged Steak or Crude *anything* (that sells for like 8 Zorkmids) are also good options. "Oh noes, my 'restore 3 health' food is gone! *weep*"