Crazy Bloodsplat of Doom, and incorrect click response (bug)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Misery, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Misery

Misery Member

Ok, this may have been mentioned before, but I couldnt find a topic about it, so I'm bringing it up here.

As many probably know, having too many bloodsplats on the screen at a time will cause the game to lag for some reason.... but I just ran into a far more annoying secondary effect, when I was playing it just a bit earlier.

I ran into a 97 monster Zoo.... probably about 70-80 of which all died on exactly the same tile. When it was finally time to move offa the space I'd been standing on, mostly to shoot ranged stuff at a corruption-using monster, suddenly, the mouse controls.... werent quite right.

The game started treating right clicks as left clicks, with all of the chaos you might think this would cause. I ended up taking a dangerous amount of damage simply because the game kept warping my commands into things I did not want; I had enough trouble just SELECTING bolts to fire (it would try to pick them up instead)... actually trying to fire them was even worse, often causing my guy to try to run stupidly at the monster instead.

Incredibly random... it was like, SOME clicks did this, others did not.

If there's any advice for getting around this particular bug, I'd sure love to hear it; I'm bound to run into it again sooner or later.

2. GeneralSalad

GeneralSalad Member

Restart the game (if it still does it around the zoo after you do so, just restart once the offending corpse's are off the screen).

3. Misery

Misery Member

the splats seem permanent; I've saved, quit, reloaded, played another hour, and so on since, and every time I cross by that spot, it's still a mess and the game slows to a crawl. Fortunately I'm just about done with that floor finally.

4. GeneralSalad

GeneralSalad Member

Yup I get the slowdown as well. I have not fortunately had the mouse bug you mention (yet) but I can see how it would be super annoying.

Say you save and re start the game does that fix it?
    Having done so if you pass it again, does the funky mouse behaviour resume?

5. Misery

Misery Member

I didnt try saving and restarting during the monster zoo; and since that point Iv'e simply avoided doing any combat or actions other than walking in that area, lest things go horribly wrong. Monsters that appear there, I would just lure them somewhere else and then attack them.

So I'm not really sure on that.

6. aaron

aaron Member

Save and restart wont fix it. It's an issue with to much being displayed onscreen since the spatter never times out, and the location and amount of it seems to be written to the save file.

7. I was hoping this was in regards to the other blood splatter bug, the one that annoys me far more. If you're a Blood Mage, the blood splatters around you, and not the corpse. It's really kinda weird and off putting when I fireball a zoo, walk away, and explode with blood everywhere. What am I, a hemophiliac blood mage? Or just cutting on myself for magic?

8. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

I always liked the blood splatter everywhere as a blood mage, it fits aesthetically.