Macro help

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Regem, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Regem

Regem Member

Ok, so i've been playing the game and loving it, came to the forums and learnt that i'm still rubbish at the game :p

However i've noticed some people talking about macros and scripts to increase space button pressing speed. Seeing as at points i think my space bar might jump off the keyboard i would love to know how people do this.

Please keep in mind that i've no clue about coding or anything too advanced so if someone can show me how to do it so that i don't have to spam the space bar i would be very happy!

Thanks,

Regem

2. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

It's easier to just press the + button (not the one on your keypad) a bunch of times to increase the speed, and then run back and forth a lot. It's faster than pressing spacebar.

3. Incendax

Incendax Member

Depending on how you set the input delay it is far faster to macro than walk back and forth. You can pass 100 turns in 2 seconds with a good macro, but that does tend to crash the game.

http://www.autohotkey.com/ is a pretty easy one to learn, but once you start a macro you have to deal with the consequences!

4. mr.ioes

mr.ioes Member

Yeah, the problem is that it is prone to crashing if you do it too fast. I've written a script and optimized it for my rig to reach 6k hits in about four minutes.

I'd suggest AutoIT for scripting though. Not that I'd have any experience with autohotkey, but to me AutoIt is very easy as their help (F1) is a perfect way to learn the language.

Anyway, if you want to save hours of time, you can dl the sourcecode of my script here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WPDZ72VN

A general tip when running the script: better not alt tab during the process, or else whatever window you tab to, multiple spaces will be pressed. This caused me to start dredmore ~5 times in a row, but worse things could happen. So ... just don't alt tab unless the script is paused.