Stability?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Turiko, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Turiko

Turiko Member

I bought this game yesterday, and i really enjoy it. I've noticed the game is really unstable though. It crashes so often that the permanent death-route is simply unplayable (farthest i got before a crash was floor 2). I'm currently playing with saves, and the crashes seem to only be improving.

Is this a known issue? Will it be patched? As it is now the game's not very playable for me, sometimes crashing every other 10 minutes.

2. mr.ioes

mr.ioes Member

Haven't had any crashes after 40hours play. What's the error message?

3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Weird. I haven't had any crashes at all. What are your computer stats? You're in the minority, sadly.

4. Misery

Misery Member

Consider re-installing it... that's all I can think of.

When the game released, alot of people were having crashes often.... but that was fixed. Most havent had a single one since.

5. rusticdog

rusticdog Member

Try to look for consistencies, if you can identify the steps to reproduce the crash it will help the programmers a great deal.

There's still a crash that can occur if you open your inventory at the same moment you auto-pickup an item, that's the only one that's happened to me since the 1.0.3 update.

6. DerpTyrant

DerpTyrant Member

I haven't had ONE crash since I bought the game. And I have like 100hours of play.The game is really stable atm.
    So it's completely on your side. I would suggest updating your drivers, directx, framenet, windows7updates and anything you can think of.

7. Turiko

Turiko Member

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    ---------------------------
    Runtime Error!

Program: ...mapps\common\dungeons of dredmor\Dungeons of Dredmor.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

8. Turiko

Turiko Member

I haven't found any consistencies in the crashes... sometimes it happens as i move, sometimes when i attack, and the last one was because of opening a door. The crash doesn't save my game either, so i lose a bunch of progress each time :/

9. mr.ioes

mr.ioes Member

delete your config.txt/xml, it might help.

10. GeneralSalad

GeneralSalad Member

I second re installing the game. I've had 1 crash in 40 hours of play, and that was before the current patch when it was much less stable. You could also consider trying the -opengl parameter though I'm not sure that will help much, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck!

11. Turiko

Turiko Member

Reinstalling seems to have fixed it. Seems odd the steam verify missed it though :S

12. mr.ioes

mr.ioes Member

those crashes are often due to a modified config file, which probably surpasses the steam verfy process in any case. at least that's my suspicion.

13. Tytaine

Tytaine Member

I do get crashes every once in a while, sometime multiple in a row, I have no idea why of course. : (