Preventing accidental changes when using Moldsmith

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lagged, Aug 11, 2011.

1. lagged

lagged Member

I've had several instances where I've right clicked a mushroom in my inventory to eat it, but accidentally changed the entire stack into something completely useless because I had Moldsmith active. Is there something that could be added to help stop this from happening? "It Belongs in a Museum", for example, has a pop-up that confirms that you want to get rid of an artifact.

That said, this game is ridiculously addictive. Once I figured out how to use the spores with the Fungal Arts, I managed to make it down to the fourth floor on my current run.

2. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

Honestly, I think the skills like the transmutation ones or the wand recharge should be right click to activate, and then it'll change your cursor to a different symbol. Maybe have text in the feed say 'Select item to transmute', or something like that. If you click anything but the correct item, it'll cancel the skill without wasting it.

3. Tytaine

Tytaine Member

I used to do this, now I just switch to another skill slot so it doesn't happen anymore.
    I agree that a pop-up up would fix the problem, pop-ups are annoying but useful.

4. neocow

neocow Member

pop-ups would be more annoying than useful. Really, just switch skilles after you use it. New mouse icon a good idea.

5. lagged

lagged Member

Yeah, I've started switching away from the skill after using it, but it usually happens after I've tried a string of unsuccessful transmutations to a useful mushroom. I definitely agree that a new mouse pointer + mode would be less annoying than the pop-up, but it should be consistent across all of these skills.