Endgame Bolt Hoard [Bolt Council Approved!]

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Stoz, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Stoz

Stoz Member

So when I got to level 14 I decided to use my potion of alchemical inspiration and craft everything that I could in preparation for the Level 14 Zoo, then a hopeful clash with Vlad Digula and finally the Level 15 Lord Dredmor. Here is the stockpile that I have amassed, I'm sure that the bolt council approves.
    [​IMG]

For those having difficulty with the with the screenshot, here are some highlights:
    • Over 50 each of healing and mana potions
    • 29 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
    • 291 Clockwork Sawblades
    • 34 Holy Hand Grenades
    • The Bomb
    • 883 Ingeniously Scythed Bronze Bolts
    • 344 Ingeniously Scythed Copper Bolts
    • 651 Ingeniously Scythed Steel Bolts
    • 65 Steam Rocket Bolts
    • 147 Clockwork Drill Bombs
    • 11 Bolts of Squid
    • 19 Bolts of Mass Destruction
    Lastly, does anyone have any suggestions for what thrown weapons or bolts are best for Vlad and Dredmor? I'm planning to wield double Darkly Mirror Shields so I won't be doing any close range combat. I've heard that Clockwork Sawblades and Clockword Drill Bombs are the best bet, but I would like to hear your opinion.

Essence likes this.
  2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Sawblades are the strongest, then probably your holy hand grenades. You have more than enough to wipe out both Dredmor and Vlad Digula. It's mostly an issue of whether or not you can survive Vlad. If you have gems left, you should definitely encrust your rings and amulet with extra resistances through alchemy. Vlad digula does some wicked elemental damage, particularly :resist_voltaic:. Even getting hit once can knock you down 50-80 hp in a single turn. When you first see him, immediately close the door and quaff resistance potions. Try to avoid getting close to him at all.

You should also go back a few floors to find bolt machines with Bolt of Doubt. You can nerve staple an enemy up to three times in a row with this.

Kazeto likes this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Anything that deals high damage to single targets is fine. So sawblades, holy hand grenades, and your strongest "mundane" bolts.

4. Stoz

Stoz Member

I actually have about a dozen bolts of doubt sitting in my pocket dimension. I will make sure I share them with Vlad.

My current rings are the spiky kind that give increased piercing damage as well as increased block and counter chance. I will check my pile of rings in my pocket dimension for something with Lightning resistance. If I don't have any then I will craft a Chalcoelectronic Ring or an Amber Ring of Unending Time.

5. Warlock

Warlock Member

the 3 or so lightning resistance you get from those rings is garbage against Digula anyway and you should sooner keep your shrike rings on.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I doubt they would even need to get close enough to Vlad for melee combat, with Guerilla and their Clockwork abilities. Resistance will be way more useful since most of the fighting will be from a distance.