DoD Modding and Mod Installation Guide (Updated 6/5/2012)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Daynab, Dec 1, 2011.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well, right away I can tell you that Paint doesn't know how to set a transparency for a png.

2. Yeah, I figured that out pretty quick. :\

3. JOHNMADCORN

JOHNMADCORN Member

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

So it doesn't appear in the mod launcher? Hmm. Only thing I can see is try removing the underscore in the file name and see if it changes.

Post in the mod thread if it doesn't work, too.

5. JOHNMADCORN

JOHNMADCORN Member

Renaming the archive to meltdown fixed it, I posted on the mod page. Thanks for the idea!

Edit: that didn't fix anything, I just accidentally downloaded another version. oh well, at least I have a starting point.

EDIT: EDIT: FINALLY GOT IT WORK. I have no idea why, but taking the tinker mod and changing "ingot" to "smithing" and then repackaging it made it work. Still not sure why it wouldn't show up in the mod loader in the first place.

6. Tirien66

Tirien66 Member

Is there a way to download mods from here if you have steam? looking through the files in the steamapps/common/dungeons of dredmor, and there appears to be no file for mods, despite having dug through every thing there.

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

8. Tirien66

Tirien66 Member

Didnt see that the first time I read through, thanks!

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. DonutCannon

DonutCannon Member

I modded the pocket dimension to be larger, however the larger pocket dimension seems to only appear every once in a while, how do I fix this?

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Please update the OP to include the default location for mods per OS. I have been incorrectly telling people the path for Windows Vista/Seven and half the people using it are actually on XP using this sort of path:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username.PCNAME\My Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\mods\

Workshop mods seem to go here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username.PCNAME\My Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\steam_workshop\subscribed\

This comes from Nikolai here:
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/spell-hotbar-broken.4827/page-3#post-59815

And finally, for Vista and Seven they go here:
    C:\Users\Username\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\mods\

Kazeto likes this.
  11. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I updated the directories for XP and Vista/7.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Knallis

Knallis Member

Do triggers like counterBuff currently work in mods? I haven't had the chance to play some mods that might have those to try them out. I can't get them to work myself. For example I have a skill that is supposed to make it so that 20% of the time that you successfully counter, you get a timed buff effect. It sounds pretty simple, but the thing never seems to activate, so I increased it to 100% and still didn't get anything whenever the player character countered an enemy.

<counterBuff percentage="20" name="Lucky Counter" />

Is this correct?
    Edit: Also, I have the same issue for blockbuff and criticalbuff, but dodgeBuff works just fine despite the lines looking exactly the same otherwise.

<dodgeBuff percentage="20" name="Lucky Dodge" />
    <criticalBuff percentage="20" name="Lucky Strike" />
    <counterBuff percentage="20" name="Lucky Counter" />
    <blockBuff percentage="20" name="Lucky Block" />

Like so.
    The spells they envoke also work by themselves when triggered by other means.

13. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm having the same problem right now with counterBuff. It completely fails no matter how I tinker with it, and this isn't in a mod -- it's edited into the game's main files.

Does Clockwork Reflexes actually work?

14. Essence

15. Repulsion

Repulsion Member

Hmm, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a problem with steam workshop. Basically, I downloaded a mod from steam workshop but decided I disliked it from there and just downloaded it normally, but now even though I unsubscribed from the mod it continues to redownload itself when I delete it's files. Any help?

16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I'd say "remove Steam" but I don't think that's what you want.

Though if anything, deleting the game's data and forcing Steam to download it again might help you there.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Essence

nukesteamcloud?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Or that. When all else fails, nuke it from orbit.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Bottweiser

Bottweiser Member

I've got a problem and a few questions. First, I can't get my mod to show up in the Mod Loader; the files are in C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\mods, I've zipped the files directly, there's a mod.xml file, etc, but I'm not having anything show up.

Second, it'd be nice to look at how some of the other abilities in the game are done, but I'm having trouble finding them in the game files- would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Finally, is it possible to have a skill create an object such as a barrel on the ground? One that would prevent you from moving into the square, but could be broken?

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

First the stupid question. Are you logged in as the user Chris?

Presuming you are, could you show us what the mod actually is?

Filenames are the most likely suspect in my never humble opinion. *ALL* filenames should be lowercase, as well as the mod directories themselves. This is annoying, but it is required for a zip archive since they differentiate between example.xml and Example.xml and if you look for one in a zip containing the other it will not be found.

Bottweiser and Vitellozzo like this.