Favourite Animals and Colours

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Mashirafen, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

In an effort to decrease the mean seriousness level of the forums (because even intelligent and mostly reasonable people such as ourselves need to not be serious sometimes) I am dedicating a thread to the discussion of our favourite animals. And also colours, because variety is important.

I want this thread to be free of prejudice, arguments and not being nice. Unless in jest. Everything is fine in jest.

My favourite animals are cats, though I have soft spots for many others. Cats are the best because they are independent and aloof in a way I can relate to and respect. Also they're nice to cuddle and they're adorable.

My favourite colour is fluorescent orange, because it embodies energy, optimism and enthusiasm, ironically these are all things I lack to some degree (also, this thread should be about the meaning of the word 'ironic' which is very poorly understood by many people) and also it is a colour I cannot pull off wearing at all.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I like blue chimpanzees

TheJadedMieu and Vitellozzo like this.
  3. Createx

Createx Member

Guinea pigs, very tender if grilled. If they're deep blue it's a nice bonus, unless you live close to a medical testing facility.

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

:D

I have an Orange Sphinx. He is hideously ugly. But he is a cat. So he is cute at the same time.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

My favourite animals are cats (does "girlfriend" count there? Because if it does then it's that rather than cats). But they could care less about me and all dogs like (or love, even) me for whatever reason.

And my favourite colour is blue. But I use a black pen when writing, and I look good in black and red clothes while blue is just sort of neutral.

I'm a weird person...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I love roast cow. I mean beef.

I don't know if that was the original intent of the question, so for non-culinary reasons, I'm a dog person -- I and other family members have been poodle owners on and off for much of my life, mostly because a lot of us have or had allergies (my nephew has TONS of allergies, but he's fine with their poodle Ginger). Poodles can be very smart (sometimes too smart for their own good, to be honest).

What I like about dogs is their unconditional love and loyalty, and they can be very playful, and they often seem to be able tell when you are sick or injured or not feeling well. My mom's poodle was like glue to her -- always by her side, and so on. But when my dad got really sick (he had alzheimers, and cancer primarily), she would not leave my dad's side. She'd just sit on the bed with him and would not leave.

I think I'm no longer allergic to dogs, but because my nephew is really very allergic, I would probably have to stick with a poodle if I were to get another dog (though while I'm taking care of my sick mom, I don't think getting a dog is in the cards). But if I had a choice in the matter, I think I'd go for a Labrador, or an Irish Setter, if only because of their personalities.

I wear a lot of, but not exclusively, blues and browns and tans. Maybe that makes me boring. Or maybe that only makes me a guy.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Violet. And Cats. Nothing like a fuzzy little monster that thinks it is the ruler of the Universe.

SkyMuffin and Mashirafen like this.
  8. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Purple -> Not as prejudiced as pink. Also I think purple looks badass with my favourite shirts. People wear black and white or other "weak" combinations too much; I wear purple and beige, purple and pink, purple and darker green...

To me purple stands for being different in a not too uncommon way (dyed hair, black make-up, youknowwhatImean). I used to wear green, but it's too "different", and it only looks great on redheads.

----

Animals, not really my thing. Don't care about them too much, neither do I care about humans too much. I'm not quite the person with a favourite animal at all.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Favorite Animal: Pigs. They are the 4th smartest animal after chimps, dolphins, and elephants. They're very loyal and emphatic, have family structures similar to humans, and they eat basically anything. It's one of my life goals to have a pet pig, actually. Like it is right there beside having a successful career and having a family, haha. Pigs are great.

Favorite Color: Blue, because it is very calming. Pretty much any shade of blue except seafoam is good to me.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Crested Goshawks.

11. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

SkyMuffin likes this.
  12. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Favorite domestic animal: cat
    Favorite wild animal: lion
    Favorite color: purple, though deep blue is starting to grow on me

13. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Pet: Cat
    Meat: Steakandshrimp, and Steakandeggs (same Genus different species right?)
    Wild Animal: nonpoisonous Arthropods. Praying Mantis, Ogre Spider, Pistol Shrimp... as long as they can't sting me they're awesome to watch.

Color: Turquoise

14. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Pet: Plush Diggle.

Meat: Costco's rotisserie chicken. Nothing like it -- and believe me, I've tried. RonCo Rotisserie? Fail. George Foreman Rotisserie? Fail. Sears Generic Rotisserie? Fail. There's just something about Costco's rotisserie that makes chicken perfect.

Wild Animal: GIANT PANDA.

Color: My wife's eyes.

Turbo164 and OmniaNigrum like this.
  15. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Lol! Funny you should mention that (what a coincidence!). I pick one up ALMOST every time I go there (about once or twice a month) including this very morning!. I've had other rotisserie chicken as well (not many -- I'm not a connoisseur or anything), but yes, Costco's is better than any that I can recall. My mom's a fan as well.

Oh, and their chicken wings are great as well.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

I have two pugs. One of them is awesome and very smart. The other is very small and I'm convinced has pug down syndrome. But the small one is adorable and is my wife's baby so I guess she isn't going anywhere.

I'm a huge dog lover.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. jadkni

jadkni Member

The color gray, and don't tell me that gray isn't a color. :mad:

I like orb weavers. Sorry arachnophobics... they just look so darn cool and they eat the things I don't like. Or corvids, I'm torn on this one.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Gray is a color. But spiders.... KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Oopsie. I hate anything with eight legs. Especially those with exoskeletons. And venom.

19. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I'm not too crazy about most critters with more than 4 legs, or venom (or both), though I don't have any particular hatred for them either (with the exception of bees, wasps, hornets and the like -- got stung three times this summer due to a nest under our mailbox). But on the other hand, I find that both squid and octopi are really really cool for a lot of reasons, and they may actually have some intelligence to them as well (which is really interesting for invertebrates). Oh, and they taste really good with garlic and butter, or with tomato sauce and pasta.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I think if you had to spend some time in the Oceans, you would hate the Octopods there too.

Squid and Octopi are exceptionally dangerous to Humans. Pound per pound an Octopus can outfight dozens of Humans. And if the Humans it decides to fight are dumb enough to actually be in the water, they will drown in no more than a minute. They would not manage much better on land though...