Some noob questions about gear with conflagratory and such

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by lokiju, Aug 4, 2011.

1. lokiju

lokiju Member

So i took a chance at the Anvil of Krong and threw my Indiana Jones hat in, and it came out with, amazingly enough: 1 crushing damage, 1 toxic resist, 1 burliness, 1 nimbleness, and 1 conflagratory. First of all, awesome luck! But, I don't quite get how some of this works.

Conflagratory says something about working when something is set on fire...so does the conflag damage always occur as the fire damage, or do I need to attack with a fire attack for it to work? Also, the crushing damage showed up under my melee and ranged damage character sheet section, so as a mage, I will not get very much out of it with spells, right? Ranged is purely physical damage?

Edit: NM, I just hit a diggle and it did 1 conflag damage, so the description is just wonky.

Edit 2: What is the +1 at the end of my melee attack character sheet rundown? Is that extra damage from Burliness or something? It doesn't seem to apply to anything I hit...

2. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

Yes, the + at the right is your melee power. It's just straight +damage from burliness.

3. lokiju

lokiju Member

But how does it work because the only damage I see if from extra weapon characteristics...

4. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

Right now, primary stats (like burliness) on items are bugged, and don't transfer to the secondary stats like they are supposed to. This is probably the issue.

5. lokiju

lokiju Member

Thanks.

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@pauyasfyla I think you mean skills, because every time I equip something that changes my primary stats, they do effect the secondary stats. Easy to tell actually.
    The few items that have a built in Sageity increase the stats it works with.
    Also, Burliness on items will increase your health. So, yeah, they work.

also, you're the first person to say it's items that are bugged. Everyone else has said it was skills.
    Also, the big bug list says nothing about items not working.

7. 123stw

123stw Member

Oh items works. It's just that it takes 3 burliness for 1 melee power. So if you have +1 it might appear as though nothing is happening.

8. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

Yup. I meant skills. Sorry about that.

9. Marak

Marak Member

This bug is compounded by the fact that some Skill Trees (Dual Wielding comes to mind) don't even bother to give you the listed stats when you pick those abilities. So not only do you not get the proper stat "trickling" from Primary to Secondary, sometimes the game tells you that you're gaining 5 of some stat but in reality, you get 0 (*cough* Not Drizzt *cough*).

10. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Actually, it subtracts 5, so it's even worse. In fact, you could say it's 5 times worse. :)

11. lokiju

lokiju Member

What I am saying is that it says +1 at the end of my melee attack character breakdown, but when I hit mobs, all I see is damage listed based on the extra element attacks. Maybe I'm missing something of course. The +1 or +2 showing after the elemental damage bonuses doesn't show up anywhere that I can see.

12. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

It shows up in the base damage of your weapon. On the log in the upper corner.

For instance, if you have a melee power of 5, and you have a sword that does 5 slashing, 3 piercing, when you hit a target, you will do 10 slashing and 3 piercing, which is reduced based on your enemy's resistance to slashing.