They've got The Bomb!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Killer2, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Killer2

Killer2 Member

I think either this skill, or the crafting process of The Bomb need to change, because it's very lacking as a last skill. Let's study what it gives:
    -3 transmuting resistance (which is OK, but nothing special);
    -1 The Bomb;
    -The Bomb crafting recipe.

Perhaps the most important part of the skill, the recipe, is pretty much useless. Why? First, to craft the Bolts of Mass Destruction, a major component in The Bomb's recipe, you need level 5 tinkering (or you could be lucky enough to find them laying on the floor, but that doesn't really happen too often). Next, you need an Orb of Nothing, which is not craftable and very rare. Lastly, you need level 7 wandcrafting (so you need both Wand Lore and Clockwork Knight . On a build that generally benefits a lot more from smithing! So to make this skill useful, you need 2 very rare drops and 2 obligatory other skill trees, or 1 very rare drop and 3 obligatory other skill trees.

Suggestions:
    -make The Bomb (and possibly Bolt of Mass destruction) craftable with smithing instead of wand lore;
    -add an active with a huge cooldown and cost. Every, say, 500 turns you can create one The Bomb for the price of 10000 zorkmids (to prevent spamming bombs).

2. I think tying bomb creation to a cooldown AND a zorkmids cost reduces the danger of spamming elegantly. The cost might need to be higher given Bankster shenanigans, though.

Vitellozzo and Killer2 like this.
  3. Killer2

Killer2 Member

I am not sure what these bankster shenanigans are(I suppose money giving skills?), but I believe the cost could be increased to 15000 or maybe even 20000. This would solve the low cost issues while still giving the user a big discount.

4. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Yeah, the Bankster skill tree (picture is the hero in a suit) has a lot of abilities that give you money. Of course, there is a Communism debuff that steals money...

But yeah, I like the idea of the Bomb being summonable for a price. Nailing down the numbers is just a side issue.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Ditto. Will consider this for Core Skills Rebalance. :)

Killer2 likes this.
  6. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

The "spell" to summon a Bomb is quite a popular suggestion. No one has considered a money cost, though. This is an idea I can get behind.

Bohandas likes this.
  7. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I don't understand why you would need money to make the bomb. A good communist does the job because it is for the greater good. You don't pay someone to do the job, you just need to find a way to feed you fellow comrades. The obvious solution is a 0 smithing recipe that requires 10 potatoes!

8. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

I'd rather work for vodka.. although not sure what kind of craftmanship you'll get in return :D

9. Giygas

Giygas Member

If the Diggle God of Secrets blessing gave :wand_burn:, you could take Rogue Scientist and get just enough of the stuff for The Bombs. Alas, it only gives Wand Affinity.

Either way, I like your idea. I also thing that it should be able to be crafted with, like, 13:tinkerer: or something. I want a 13:tinkerer: recipe.

OmniaNigrum and Bohandas like this.
  10. Killer2

Killer2 Member

The wiki says it's not the correct skill. I've had items with the skill too and couldn't make anything in the N-Dimensional Lathe. Also, how do you use the skill "boxes" on the forum?

11. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I got an idea. Replace Wand Affinity with a more useful stat. Such as Reflection, Wandcrafting or Encrusting Instability.

12. Giygas

Giygas Member

I don't know why his blessing uses Wand Affinity in the first place. Didn't we get Wandcrafting as a stat when RotDG was released?

13. Konork

Konork Member

Yeah, but the devs never actually removed the old Wand Affinity, just removed it from most existing stuff and replaced it with Wandcrafting on the interface. Hell, for a while, Wand Affinity was showing up as a random enchantment on artifacts and Krong-ings.

14. Killer2

Killer2 Member

In fact, it still does. I've found a couple of wand affinity items.

15. Giygas

Giygas Member

I'm aware (I was around when Wand Affinity was a thing, you know :p), but you'd think by now someone would have noticed the Wand Affinity from the Diggle God of Secrets.

Unless it's intentional, because Wand Affinity was removed and the Diggle God bought it back (sadly it's useless).

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  16. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Its quite possible that its an intentional easter egg. It is the Diggle God of Secrets after all.

Vitellozzo, Giygas and Essence like this.
  17. Giygas

Giygas Member

I'd still like my wandcrafting so I don't have to take Wandlore for nukes :p

It'd be funny, though, if it actually worked. Sort of. It gives every wand you find an extra charge (so the Diggle God of Secrets blessing gives every wand 2 extra charges).

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  18. I've actually been thinking about having The Bomb spawning work sort of like Haematic Phylacteries; IE, you can only profitably have one spawned at a time without over-stacking some sort of nasty debuff.

19. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Radiation poisoning!

Killer2 likes this.
  20. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

"Mutually Assured Destruction" ?