Magic Damage Boosts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Varkarrus, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Varkarrus

Varkarrus Member

Just like how you can get items that add various damage types to melee and ranged weapons (like how swords have 3 cutting damage in melee or whatever), staves should boost spell damage! This means that if you get a staff of +3 asphyxiative, then your fireball spell will do 7 fire damage and 3 asphyxiative damage. Naturally, this'd mean that various spells would need magic damage multipliers, like spammable AoE attacks would have it be reduced to 75% magic damage boost, but a powerful, end game attack could the boost be up to tripled!

rereading what I wrote, I hope you guys understand what I'm saying???

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes, I do. And I am against the idea. If you want an item to boost spells, make it give magic power. Making it possible for spells to get boosts from equipment would really rape the balance.

Bohandas and TheKirkUnited like this.
  3. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Staves that are meant to boost spells already give boosts to magic power. They don't need to do other things.

OR

What Kazeto said.

4. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

If you're worried that most staves aren't good enough for spell casters, that's why there's crafting skills (and encrusting):

[​IMG]

And I haven't gone crazy with it.

Oh, and I made this entirely on dungeon floor 4 :p

Essence and TheKirkUnited like this.
  5. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

And all the diggles wept...

6. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

How unstable is it?

7. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

It isn't, otherwise the description would mention it. (e.g. it has slightly unstable crust of glowing runes)