"Look, I'm A Game Developer!" Achievement

Discussion in 'You Have To Name The Expansion Pack' started by viwalls, Jun 6, 2012.

1. viwalls

viwalls Member

Really how can get this achievement?

2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

1. Click "You Have to Name the Expansion Pack"
    2. Press delete a bunch.
    3. Enter text.
    4. Press enter.

Garcia likes this.
  3. Stryke

Stryke Member

I just added an exclamation mark to get the achievement.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I have not tested this, but I bet you can get the achievement by any change, even deleting a letter and adding the same one back. That would be even cheaper. :p

Exile likes this.
  5. jadkni

jadkni Member

I think this exploit needs to be corrected immediately, so as not to cheapen the achievements of those of us that got this legitimately.

BDSb, Stoz, Doc Gelegentlich and 8 others like this.
  6. Hot-D

Hot-D Member

I confirm, it works. That's actually what I did since I had no wise title nor joke in mind.

OmniNegro likes this.
  7. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

How could this exploit pass through QA?

GLG, I am disappoint.

8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry everyone, we have failed you. [​IMG]

9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I've seen that emoticon before, but only on Something Awful while browsing the Dredmor topic.
    I still think my name of Digglespam 2012 was good.
    Because of the obscure reference.

10. Garcia

Garcia Member

THANK YOU.

I was digging through my installed files and about to do something I really don't think would be good for my DoD install's stability.

11. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

Does this achievement still exist? I don't see it on the list.

EDIT : Found it! :rolleyes:

12. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I named it something obvious and fitting: "Community Modpack DLC"

13. EnjoiANinja

EnjoiANinja Member

Where do I find the You Have to Name the Expansion Pack phrase?

I have CotWL and I dont see anywhere where that phrase is.

14. Wolg

Wolg Member

Click the small button on the main menu right at the bottom, the unlabeled one that cycles the title screen image. Keep clicking until YHtNtEP's title appears, then it should be ready for naming.

15. EnjoiANinja

EnjoiANinja Member

oh wow, could have swore i clicked that at one point in time and it didn't do anything... thanks though
    Was that common knowledge? cuz if it was then i feel like a real digglehead...

16. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

Well Dredmor's Steam achievements, whether locked or unlocked, has a description what is needed to unlock the achievement.

17. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Speaking of Achievements, I have yet to find out how to undo the Battle Geology one. I was Debugging my mod in debug mode when I accidentally capped Battle Geology and *cheated* to get the achievement. If there's any way to reset/start over/remove one achievement, let me know. Otherwise, the Achievements are botched and should be disabled with -debug-flag in launch options.

Edit: If there's no way to just remove the one achievement, I'd appreciate an achievement wipe rather than keeping a false legacy.

iamcreasy likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If it bothers you, earn it legitimately. Nothing false about it then.

Exile, BDSb and Kazeto like this.
  19. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

But the Steam Overlay won't display the "Achievement Earned" if I do it again without undoing it. The Popup speaks more than the record.

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Is that really how you see things? Perform a self-diagnostic. Something is wrong. If you earn it once, you never unearn it. So why would it be any different if you earn it again with even a disposable character?

Exile and Kazeto like this.