Alien Weapon question

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Haldurson, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've looked for the answer to this but for some reason I've not been able to find it. To what does Alien Weapon (from the Paranormal Investigator) scale to?

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

No scaling, as far as I recall.

3. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, you are right. I blame that on me checking on copies I hold on my desktop which I forgot to update.
    And now that I know, they are up to date...

So, getting back to the question of what do they scale to, they scale to magic power.

5. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

OK, so my warrior/crafter is going to just have to suck it up then I suppose. Thanks. Good to know for the future, in any case.

6. Nacho

Nacho Member

How much scaling? I know it's stronger if you have the Egyptian Magic Ra's Glyph out, but not how much damage it deals.

7. 765Pro

765Pro Member

Yeah, I'd like to know the scaling.

8. Indiggles

Indiggles Member

If anyone is still interested in this info (I was enough to look it up), it looks like it's +:dmg_conflagratory::dmg_blast::dmg_aethereal:=(.1):magic_power: (so [.3]:magic_power: split evenly between the three)--though I'm having a hard time spotting where in the spellDB.xml it defines that it scales to :magic_power:.

I almost feel like it should scale to something else though, like :caddishness: :savvy: or even :edr:, since Paranormal investigator is a Rogue skill that even has a self silence, which has counter-synergy with spells, which are what typically scale to :magic_power:.

mining and Kazeto like this.
  9. Wolg

Wolg Member

Ever listened to someone who has claimed alien contact? Perhaps it should scale to the character's Stubborn refusal to admit they might be wrong...

Kazeto likes this.
  10. Nacho

Nacho Member

It scales to :savvy: in Essence's rebalance.

Kazeto likes this.
  11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

:magic_power: is the default; before there was ever a "secondaryscale" or "primaryscale" XML tag, everything scaled to :magic_power:. :)

12. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Was it everything? I seem to recall something about things with attack="1" scaling to :melee_power:

13. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Nah, they just had a melee attack attached in addition to the effect, which confused a lot of people.

Kazeto likes this.
  14. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Spellpower is for scaling to. That's what it is for. Although for a timeout spell like Alien Weapon that cannot be spammed, it is not so bad to give that huge buff which is scaling to something else. It is not obvious why this is an enormous buff perhaps, it has to do with the fact that pumping up your spellpower severely limits your equipment options. Also despite the fact that it is a self silence, Paranormal Investigator in general and even that skill do more for synergy than anti-synergy. Essentially once you're out of mana from casting your deathly hexes, you enable Skepticism to tank the resulting self-damage.