Narcosomatic Induction Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by IanExMachina, Sep 9, 2011.

1. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

I had just finished doing a monster on level 2 when I found out Narcosomatic Induction (the Psionic first skill) was no longer triggering Sleep at all.

It was doing damage and stunning the targeted enemy for one turn but no sleep debuff.
    I then ran round using it on every enemy from diggles to deths and the sleep effect just would not trigger.
    (It also wasn't being resisted)

My only guess was I'd used the Unconditional Love spell during the monster zoo, and after had cast Narcosomatic Induction on it before moving in to kill it, and somehow it messed it up?

I have no clue really.

2. 123stw

123stw Member

Yup, sleep in general stops working after a while. This is true for nightmare curse as well, and to some extend assassination. I don't know why exactly though.

3. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

I'd never noticed before as I've never really used the skills that involve sleep.

4. Derakon

Derakon Member

I've had no trouble with assassination as a whole not working, though I admit I haven't paid too much attention to whether or not the Blackjack proc is actually sleeping enemies. All I care about is that they randomly lose turns when I hit them. :)

5. MrVoila

MrVoila Member

Raising a dead thread here. Is this supposed to be how narcosomatic induction functions? Can I get some feedback from someone who can say for certain if it's bugged or not? I like the idea of the spell, but I assumed the mobs resisting the sleep were just immune to it. Is this the case, or is it a bug?

6. x0pticLukeZz

x0pticLukeZz Member

I've just found my Narcosomatic Induction no longer works either. Curiously it stopped working as I was clearing a monster zoo, the same circumstance as in the OP. I'd say it's probably a bug, since if sleep is supposed to phase out after a while it seems a little too harsh that it'd be halfway through the second floor

7. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

I'm on a floor 6 at the moment and Narcosomatic Induction works just fine.

I also have noticed that monster zoos trigger an effect that removes the sleep effect from the spell and it stays even after clearing the zoo.

Gonna try saving the game and reloading next time this happens.