The MAIN problems with this game. *READ*

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gossip5, Jul 14, 2011.

1. gossip5

gossip5 Member

1. You can't map and bind your keys -IN PROGRESS-
    2. The menus are extremely small imo, the items in my backpack is barely a centimeter wide.
    3. You can't shift tab -IN PROGRESS- (STEAM OVERLAY, QUIT ASKING.)
    4. You can't easily compare items with the ones you have equipped or in your inventory
    5. Some bugs like buffs having small icons in the top left corner. -IN PROGRESS-
    6. Directly sell items to Brax -IN PROGRESS-

And that pretty much it. I also find that your character doesn't change to the aesthetics you put on him, but thats a minor problem, same with eating a drinking. Drinking a beer does not look like a beer, but a potion.

2. Noven

Noven Member

Heh, I can agree with that pretty much. I've always been a sucker for gear changing your looks too xD Though, that's fine. Just, I'd be *very* pleasantly surprised if I ever saw that come in the future, not waiting by the sea for it though lol Anyways, these things still can't upset the fun that is Dredmor :D

3. gossip5

gossip5 Member

Oh one last thing, there should be a comparison thing with your gear, I don't want to press my character thing to compare which is better shield.

4. mrpeters

mrpeters Member

I agree with these.
    The crash on loading is nothing I really have a problem with because I barely got the need of loading (I re-create characters a lot to find a fun combination) but the minor things like appearance not changing when equipping or Steam 'gameoverlay' not being enabled.

5. gossip5

gossip5 Member

Oh forgot to mention again, you can't use shift tab. ARGH MY MEMORY.

6. Greg72

Greg72 Member

double right click swaps them fast enough to compare easily.

7. Zaygr

Zaygr Member

My one main beef with it is that you must use the mouse to attack things and pick up items. I like playing rogulikes with keyboard only sometimes.

8. gossip5

gossip5 Member

Bump.

9. skeena

skeena Member

I would be happy with a corny hat animation when you change helmets.

10. gossip5

gossip5 Member

Another bump.

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

What, precisely, do you want SHIFT-TAB to do? I'm confused. If you're talking about the Steam Overlay, we're working on it (the problem is: our graphics engine is built using technology that is, quite literally, Too Old.)

Other than that: fixes for 1, 3, 5, and 6 are in the works. 2 should now be working, but it may crash with *old* saves on the newer game. New saves on the new game should be okay, though.

-- N.

12. Andrax

Andrax Member

Can you direct sell to Brax from the inventory by using a key/mouse como? I can't find a way to do it and if it's not possible this would be a great feature to add.

13. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

This is a popular request and will be added shortly.

14. Andrax

Andrax Member

awesome!! can;t wait and many thanks....absolutely loving the game btw :)

15. Snicker

Snicker Member

There does not appear to be a way to "unstack" items.

16. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Shift Tab? Why?

I find it so much easier to just click the item onto the character itself so it goes into the backpack. I'd rather do that than jockey the shift key anymore, but that's me.

17. Noven

Noven Member

I think it's meant for the Steam Overlay... not sure though, kinda vague xD

18. Lazer_69

Lazer_69 Member

By Shift+Tab he means a Steam Overlay. You can also auto-loot items by Shift+Clicking the items on the floor. Saved me so much time haha.

19. Drog

Drog Member

70% of the screen is cut off if you use a font in Windows larger than the default. That's the main problem for me.

20. satoru

satoru Member

Considering this runs on DirectDraw the need for a Steam Overlay is kinda moot since alt-tab won't cause the game to totally go bonkers.

But for those who really want to you can use a program called "ShiftWindow" which makes windowed games appear to run in fullscreen mode.