Is this a record?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Stryke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Stryke

Stryke Member

NTTG level 10 and I finally, finally found one.

[​IMG]

Ok so I did skip level 9 as this is actually the furthest I've ever got on DMPD and I've heard that level is evil, but still no crossbow till this far down has got to be some kind of record.

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Gaidren

Gaidren Member

I think the longest I'd ever heard of anybody not getting a crossbow was floor 8. RNG gonna RNG. I'm sure somebody somewhere will eventually have a game with no crossbows at all!

I'm currently in a game where I'd sell my left arm for a freaking porta-still. I've got zero alchemy, BUT I found a potion of alchemical inspiration and have a ton of mats set aside to make healing potions...if only I had a still to make some Aqua Vitae.

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]
    Wizardlands have crossbows coming out the ears. Why not try one of those? @above: same problem, same solution. 1 out of every three rooms I saw a Distillomancer's workbench in had a porta-still sitting next to the same. There are crafting vendors in some wizardlands now as well so that's moot too. NTTG doesn't change their size or contents either.

4. Stryke

Stryke Member

I only go into wizardlands I find on my own runs and not a single one had one amazingly enough.

5. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

I went approximately 40 NTTG floors with no barbeque, then found 3 in the next 7 floors.

I think my crossbow record is only 6 though :/

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

But you did at least get the lutefisk cube early, right?

7. Thecakepie

Thecakepie Member

I say we call it a record for now until someone can beat it.

8. Gaidren

Gaidren Member

I'm now on level 9 with multiple wizardlands cleared, and STILL no porta-still. 60+ rust, tons of booze....no still. The game just tormented me by putting that potion of alchemical inspiration on floor one. :( That's just cruel!

9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've gone to like level 8 or 10 without getting a lutefisk cube with NTTG. NTTG is funny that way.

10. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I almost feel like this should be an actual acheivement.

11. Glazed

Glazed Member

I once played with No Time To Grind and didn't find an Ingot Grinder until level 12 or so. I think the game was playing a cruel joke on me.

12. Jacq

Jacq Member

Wasn't one of the very early Dredmor stories about a guy that made it to floor 10 (before RotDG came out) without pants?

If it isn't we should pretend there is. Or have an achievement "Barefoot Contessa - Complete the game without equipping shoes"

13. Gaidren

Gaidren Member

Update: Killed Dred without ever finding a porta-still. 70+ rusts just sitting there on the ground in my pocket dimension..../sigh.

Turbo164 likes this.
  14. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

I was tripping over leather belts last game (sniper build + Perception/Lucky Find), and this game I wanted to make the Belt of Champions, as I have a meleer. Even with Perception, not a single leather belt has fallen - currently on level 10. :confused:. The game likes to taunt us.

15. Warlock

Warlock Member

This might have something to do with Perception not spawning leather belts...... :)

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  16. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

My "no lutefisk cube" record is Floor 13.

...which is exactly why I put a recipe into FaxPax that lets you craft a lutefisk cube.