Dredmor sound effects appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by SkyMuffin, Aug 26, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

What's your favorite sound effect? What do you wish had its own sound effect (or a different one)?

My favorite is the Diminuating Calculus sound effect. It's just satisfying to hear. And then the Nerve Staple/Clone Death sound effect also.

Sound effect I wish was in the game: Something for when you drown. Although, it does make it a bit funnier that you just have this horrified look on your face as you silently plunk into the water. So maybe not.

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Does it count if I say my favourite "sound effect" is the announcer saying "You require more mana, drink more booze!"?

SkyMuffin likes this.
  3. Quarky

Quarky Member

Yes, because that's mine too. I love the announcer. Who does the announcer's voice?

4. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

I wish grinding and encrusting would have sound effects (easier to confirm successes)

IIRC wandcraft might be missing sound effects also.

5. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

I like the sound the Muscle and Big Red Damned Diggles make (whatever they're called). That is, when they croak.

EDIT: Monstrous Demon Diggle

6. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Zath, our lovely composer, also does the sound effects and the announcer voice. He's awesome like that.

7. BMandFighter

BMandFighter Member

There is a clear answer to this question: HAYWHAAAAAAAAAR!

8. Quarky

Quarky Member

I really want to meet him now. It's a shame i live on the other side of a continent and in a different country than the GLG crew. :(

9. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Member

I don't think I really have a favorite single sound effect. Sound effects tend to be quite short and play often, so it's often the more forgettable ones that work best. The ones I can hear a thousand times in a row and not think "Ugh, that sound is driving me CRAZY!", but instead just treat it as a natural part of the world, something that enhances the environment. So... I suppose that's a vote for "just about all of them"?

10. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I love poisonhead.wav

11. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Member

I just looked that up in the files (well, "player's head explodes via poison.wave"). Is that an unused sound effect?

12. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

not if you download my as of now unreleased mod.

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. Stakhanov

Stakhanov Member

Small monsters / diggles never get old. WEEEEE !

14. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

The sound that happens when you hit something with a weapon.

Any weapon.

Any something.

I love the smell of hitting somethings in the morning.

impact.wav. Fifty times.

Ruigi likes this.
  15. Mister Fox

Mister Fox Member

C-C-C-CRITICAL HIT

Yeah!

16. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I like the "math zenziz", the "caketown" and the "no, your brain is too dumb" sounds. I haven't seen the brain is too dumb sound ingame though.

17. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

I love the original narration quips.

18. I like outtake2a ("You need food baldy!" "Badly" "What?" "Badly" "Oh right." ...all in the "HAYWIRE" announcer voice. :p)

19. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

If you say anything other than the Paranormal activity first skill sound

you're DEAD WRONG

vacantVisionary and SkyMuffin like this.
  20. The best part? Pretty much every skill in the tree uses the same sound effect. And it's glorious.
    ((I do love "You thirst for blood!", the low on health warning for vampires, though.))