Wizardlands with good loot

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Warlock, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Warlock

Warlock Member

A lot of things can change between now and the patch release. Once it's out I'll have this un-stickied and post a new thread.

2. lawpocket

lawpocket Member

Is it just me or are none of these giving me any of the loot in the OP? Or am I reading something wrong?

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

There is a theory which says that the loot may vary between different operating systems on other computers. It is also confirmed that loot varies between difficulty levels.

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. lawpocket

lawpocket Member

ah, thanks.

5. eskr

eskr Member

I'm not using external wizardlands codes personally, but if you want here's a bit of a doozy for level 2 (yes, two):
    Zekolfurmagit (as of current "final hotfix")
    Inside a triangular area with no clear entry (I used Frodo's Jump Discontinuity, I don't know if you can blast the wall or not)
    are two level 9 items
    Triangulon's Staff and an Artifact ring (probably random but mine had+3 damage, +1burly, +1sagacity +2savy +2life +1counter +2armor

(Edit: just read that Loot varies between difficulties; this is for rogue permadeath)

6. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

Cornfurrhomagnus - on GRPD, there was 2 tesla rods and 1 fire wand. at the end it had a ring with 1 AA on it. very rewarding wizardlands IMO

7. flagoon

flagoon Member

Saparpewngornuz - level 1 - final loot was some medicore polearm but there were nice gloves with +burl, + trap aff. +crit, you will have to disarm, jump over some high end traps. GRPD

I also don't use codes I didn't get myself. I used the one with great damage ring in first post, but then game was way too easy. Almost like expoilting. But then I didn't find any good loot in Wizarlands I found myself :(

8. Warlock

Warlock Member

Notice: OP wiped due to new patch. changes will be updated and added as revised.

9. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

can you check mine as well Warlock? I think it was from this version, because it contained very strange rooms with invisible walls.

I'll include more rooms when I find em :3c

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

11. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

I'm not sure how much it matters, but when I wen't through the two graffiti's you listed Warlock, I didn't find the same stuff you did.

which difficulty are you going through these on? I wen't in them GRPD, Standard Size rooms with RotDG enabled.

Merge: Achzanmaggorrah had new interesting stuff in it for me: some bronze greaves with trap affinity and a few potions.

12. Warlock

Warlock Member

I am going through these in GRPD too. That's funny, some of these might be random loot then, that'll have to be analyzed and checked out later by other code users.

13. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

I was under the misguided impression that CotW was only to be accessed/explored after defeating Dredmor. Obviously wrong when I got to him, given I'd maxed out every skill tree (and what fun is there beyond that . . . ). I only discovered the Portal in the PD after I was already 25th level or so.

How exactly are the levels arranged . . . what level is ideal for exploring them? Should one explore them once discovered - that is, are the levels arranged in difficulty by the DL you are currently exploring (upon which the secret words are found?). Or is there instead a certain level you should achieve before doing so?

14. Warlock

Warlock Member

Levels in the Wizardlands are arranged by the DL you're exploring. Just don't use a level 10 code when you're still on level 1 unless you want to die or want a challenge.

Kablooie likes this.
  15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

They are based upon the level you find them on, and will have similar monsters with regard to level and such. Think of them more as an expansion to the dungeon area of the level you are on. However note that you can only explore them *ONE TIME* each. No, not each character. One time. If you put in a code and the portal is red, *DO NOT ENTER IT*. Red portals mean Diggle Hell.

I think if you try to use a code you already entered it also leads to Diggle Hell every time. As does a typo.
    Typos send you to die in Diggle Hell for not typing it exactly. You bastard!

If you decide to brave Diggle Hell, be warned that Killer Vegan will not prevent the animals there from attacking you. Nothing in Diggle Hell is your friend. But there is a way out if you survive... It is very hard though. And if you encounter Vlad Diggula, you are pretty-much fucked. :D

*Edit* Ninja'ed by Warlock. Oh well.

Kablooie likes this.
  16. Warlock

Warlock Member

If you use a code that's already entered it just gives you a notice about not going to the same Wizardland twice.

OmniNegro likes this.
  17. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Ah, thanks guys. Diggle Hell is pretty cool - not so tough if you're high level. I still haven't found Vlad . . . where are youuuuu Vlad, I've got some bolts just for you. :cool:. Van Helsing!

18. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

O have found a second level wizardlands code on the first level of the dungeon. Though it was before the 1.1.12 patch came out so that may have changed. Also, it only happened once.

if a wizardland code has gor as the second to last syllable it will lead to a level 1 wizardland. For example, Mlolechuzgorkii is a level 1 wizardland. It also seems that the syllable ak will lead to a level 1 wizardland or at least appears to. If the code has mag as the second to last syllable, it leads to a level 2 wizardland. Check the google document at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alj_-ATA7GiYdGdDempHZEV5eUN0Y2VKRG1sazk5Nnc#gid=3 if you want to see what the other candidates are.

19. Warlock

Warlock Member

I'm going over all the codes from scratch and documenting my findings. It may be however just a mis-entered code from the spreadsheet? if you did find it on floor 1 yourself, it might be a glitch.

20. impishacid

impishacid Member

K I dunno about 'good' but...
    1 - Lktweunfakjaf (arcane, 10 rooms, steel ingot, evil clone room, fiery wand, art. flippy floppies)
    1 - Llwecraarpaktwe (egypt, 10 rooms, several wands and potions, small crossbow w/ 1 armor)
    2 - Tognusraharpmag (egypt, 7 rooms, corruption fluid trap, lots of traps, mined hallway, art. sword)
    2 - Izbelzukarpng (egypt, 8 rooms, fountains room, 2 bookshelf room, rust sword art.)

21. Warlock

Warlock Member

Llwecraarpaktwe might be a good candidate for the thread. As for the rest, the traps are only any good for people with 10-11 TA. :p Thanks anyway though, you've also been a considerable help in the graffiti document as well. I will make mention of the bookshelves in each individual loot entry for those so minded though, I can be VERY thorough in my documentation. :)

impishacid likes this.