"I've played this game ____ many hours, and I'm still a noob!" moments

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by SkyMuffin, Apr 11, 2012.

1. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I believe it is mentioned but the new tutorial has only been out as long as CotWs I believe. I never tried it with patch 1.0.10 so I'm not sure.

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

420 hours: Today I discovered that you don't have to right click on a wand, then right click on your target again to use it. You can also left click and hold the wand in your cursor, then left click again to use it.

Unfortunately, the wand that I discovered this with was a Camera. While standing next to Brax.

3. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

I could have swore that I was Mr. Uber Noob, with 200+ hours and never having gone Rogue. Yet I check the achievements and see this isn't so.

It don't work dat way, at least, not any more. I kept hitting ravens when I was aiming for mummies, or furniture. Furniture is REALLY frustrating, too. Could we get at least some kind of bolt return on furniture and walls ? Really hate it when I fire off five shots along what LOOKS to be a clear path right to the monster, only to realize the statue I'm standing beside (not behind, beside) is eating all my bolts :mad:

4. Glazed

Glazed Member

They said it was a bug, and I guess they fixed it. I agree that the ranged weapon pathing should be more liberal.

5. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

6. For a long time I thought Fleshsmithing was a crafting skill like Smithing and Alchemy and never touched it.

wRAR, SkyMuffin and Rawk Hawk like this.
  7. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

I was really confused when I finally chose the skill because I didnt know how to craft stuff with the cubes of meat it gave me

8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

This is what i thought the first few times i did Fleshsmithing also. I kind of wish it did involve transmuting or sacrificing blobs of meat.

9. ineffablebob

ineffablebob Member

That's good to know.

When I was a wee n00b last winter, having just bought the game from the Steam Winter Sale, I played for ~20 hours before I discovered the quick sell mode. Despite it being written right at the top of my inventory window. I actually had stacks of stuff sitting on the store floor because I'd dropped it instead of selling.

10. kino5

kino5 Member

Until almost 30 hours, I was selling only the stuff i could because i used to put them in the empty slots left by things I bought.
    *diggle facepalm*

11. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

The only way to find out if there's something inside or not is to GO DEEPER.

Because it's a room WITH A ROOM INSIDE IT.

It's a ROOMCEPTION.

Holy crap, that took me MONTHS.

Essence likes this.
  12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Now we only need a mysterious portal inside of mysterious portal.

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Sometimes the Horde spawns will feature a diggle inside of a diggle :confused:

14. Mister Fox

Mister Fox Member

I've played 120+ hours and still haven't gotten past dungeon level 5. Yay!

Granted, I DO only play on GRPD, so...

I also did not know about destructible walls until reading this thread -- I just thought I was randomly destroying walls on accident!

15. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

This was cool enough to warrant a thread necro:

After 500 hours, I finally noticed today that the adventurer is left-handed. That is, your weapon animation is determined by whatever is equipped in the left-hand slot. I thought that was pretty nifty.

mining, Turbo164, Essence and 3 others like this.
  16. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

So the Duel Wield achievement is a lie?

17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It is not. The eyebrowed person is ambidextrous instead of left-handed if you take dual wielding.

SkyMuffin likes this.