Burglary - Five Finger Discount fails with full inventory.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kablooie, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

as the title says. If your inventory is full FFD fails to produce the displayed item.

I could have sworn it did work occasionally, but as I neared endgame it failed consistently ( I had a full inventory of killer gear, as I was focused on finding Dredmor, not picking up / obtaining items & resources).

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I could be wrong, but I thought that was intentional.

3. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Eh, just because my pack is full, doesn't mean my hands aren't free (hides weapons).

I swore it worked at one time, though, then stopped (items just dropped to my feet).

I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a *greedy* craven little coward - Daffy Duck

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You are wrong, sadly (or not sadly). It is a bug, though one with a rather low priority (because it's not game-crashing or anything of the kind).

5. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Yah, not holding my breath on seeing such things fixed (particularly with Ominous looming on the horizon) any time soon, but figure it's helpful to post 'em, anyway.

6. Aegho

Aegho Member

Quite old bug too, also the same bug can be invoked by using the last charge on a wand with full inventory(and no burnt out wands in inventory). In which case you don't get a burnt out wand.

7. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Ah ok. I assumed since the 'feature' has been in the game for as long as I can remember, that it was intentional. (my dumb boss at my first programming job used to joke when a program had to be sent out with known bugs, that we should tell the customer that it was not a bug, it was a 'feature' (worst job I ever had, and I've had some doozies).