Random name generator

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by orlmo, Jul 30, 2011.

1. orlmo

orlmo Member

In order to keep my score list interesting, I use a different name on every run. A random name generator like the one found in the WarioWare games, which suggests a name from a list, would be pretty nice for the purpose.

2. LiQuid3600

LiQuid3600 Member

What I like to do:

Take all 10 of your fingers and spread em out real nice like you're making a clawing gesture.

Slam them all down randomly on the keyboard.

Go back and add some vowels.

3. Desi

Desi Member

I also like having random name generators in all games. If a game has a random name generator, I use it.

4. Tacroy

Tacroy Member

This would be particularly useful because save games are based on the character name, so if you tend to use the same name for different characters that could get you in trouble.

5. Ratha

Ratha Member

Im in for the random name generator. Always useful to have these in this types of games. (Longer names would be good too.)

Though to be honest, i dont much care for dwarf fortress style names already used in the game, at all, and probably wouldnt use it if character names sounded like "Apple-bark, the bashing of chests." (Which is surprisingly good for an off the top of my head name, but most of them are pretty.. random)

Thats one aspect that i find fairly detractive with regards to the quests, both the monster you have to kill, and the artifact often sound so alike that my brain makes gibberish out of them and its easier to not read what i have to do and just wander around aimlessly till i eventually do it. But thats just me. Its still fairly easy to mash a random button till you find one thats not too terrible.