Monster Zoo mob counter

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Malignant, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Malignant

Malignant Member

If you save&quit while Monster Zoo is active and monsters are alive it breaks the room mob counter and it won't work when you load game and start killing 'em again

2. EchoingZen

EchoingZen Member

Also goes away if you go to a different level of the dungeon.

3. Yippers

Yippers Member

I tend to close the door every time I encounter a zoo and return after I've finished clearing out the rest of the level. The counter has never worked for me. It keeps on the original count.

4. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

Since there's no real reward for defeating monster zoos--besides knowing the tactical situation and the XP gains--the counter doesn't really serve a purpose at present.

5. Oh, after reading the title I thought you were sugesting an on-screen mob counter, that could be pretty awesome actually, once it reaches 0 you could get some kind of reward :D

6. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

I think I saw somewhere that artifacts would be found in monster zoos in the new patch. I like the idea of getting the item for clearing the monsters themselves, similar to completing a quest.

7. Monk

Monk Member

Yippers, do you save and quit and come back and the counter doesnt work, or just clear the level and never leave the level or game?

If you didnt leave then I think the bug might also have to do with going in a store.

When I open the door to the monster zoo, the zoo music starts playing. It will keep playing the whole time until I go in a store. Then the music changed and doesnt start back up.(though I did quit and save when the bug happened to me)

8. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

It happened when I quit and saved and loaded it back up. There seem to be a lot of bugs like this, like Diggle nests becoming impassable.

9. Marak

Marak Member

And potions refusing to stack properly after reloading, that's my personal favorite. Like having 12 different kinds of potions isn't enough inventory space being burned up, I now have 12 stacks taking up 12 backpack slots AND a handful of single potions that are emo and refuse to stack with others of their kind.

10. BeeGentle

BeeGentle Member

@Marak what, you didn't know that your 1 potion of healing is anti-social and can't be seen with your other 3?

11. marsgreekgod

marsgreekgod Member

It stays, but stops working if you go into a store.