The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. rydash

rydash Member

Ahhh, yep, I forgot to add that one to this list. It is known about, however.

2. Intificial

Intificial Member

Pact of Fleeting Life is causing a crash when leveled up to for on Necronomiconomics.Will get you a save file soonish

3. Creidieki

Creidieki Member

Are you sure that it's intended for the Monster Zoo counter to break when the player enters the pocket dimension? I've looked through Nicolas's posts and the relevant forum threads I can find, but I can't find a source for this. It doesn't seem to make sense from the game metaphor (why would ducking into a pocket dimension reduce the amount of treasure in a room?), and it isn't reflected by any UI prompts or documentation.

4. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

IIRC, it was specifically mentioned by either Nicholas or one of his fellow gaslampers during the closed Beta way in advance of release. They were very concerned that the Pocket Dimension not be overly abusable in the middle of a fight, and most especially zoos. If you use it to stock up, you lose the reward.

Going up stairs also breaks the zoo prizes, and this likewise isn't mentioned in game metaphor or UI documentation. It's all intentional. To get a zoo reward, you have to face the zoo in one go, more or less.

5. eskr

eskr Member

Yeah, that's clearly ripe to lots of abuse. (Not that there's a need to abuse zoos now that almost all the creatures in them are passive... and the caster just sit in a corner at the back...)

It would be nice if there were a prompt though so that people know they'll lose the reward.

6. Bobson

Bobson Member

The black pocket dimension bug is fixed (at least on that savegame I uploaded), but it's still empty.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

If you loaded the save game, had it be empty, then saved it, that's probably going to be an irreversible thing, unfortunately.

New instances of empty pocket dimensions, though, are something we're worried about.

Exile likes this.
  8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, I guess that means I'll just have to start a new game. good thing I was only on the first floor, or I would be annoyed.
    Yay! It works. all of it. No buggy problems of buggyness!
    Hey, guys, I keep finding these foreboding scribbles around on the walls on the first floor. They're all gibberish, even the letters that are there don't form words, but do they do anything?

9. darius404

darius404 Member

I would LOVE a notification, something along the lines of the notifications you get for Quitting Without Saving. I don't know how many times I've opened a Monster Zoo, immediately closed the door, went about the rest of the dungeon, forgot about the Zoo (either because the Shop music overrode the Zoo music, or just plain forgetting), then went up stairs or went to the Pocket Dimension or quit the game; and thus lost my reward.

eskr likes this.
  10. rydash

rydash Member

Null seems to have cracked them. We owe a debt of gratitude. SPECULATE.

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  11. Wolg

Wolg Member

While we're around the subject of zoos and their rewards... anybody else like the idea that opening a monster zoo alerts all the monsters inside immediately?

Doc Gelegentlich, SaintWacko and eskr like this.
  12. eskr

eskr Member

YES!!!!!!!
    And keep them alerted. Like a permanent zoo-wide blood hunt.
    At least on Rogue difficulty. That would make monster zoos so much more interesting and challenging.
    As it is now you just walk away, a few guys follow you, you kill them, rinse, repeat. And if you have a high perception and ranged attacks it's even worse.
    Monster zoos aren't scary anymore so long as you have at least one connected empty room to walk into.

13. Wolg

Wolg Member

Reposted to suggestions forum, now back to the bugs. ;)

14. eskr

eskr Member

Whoops. :oops:
    Sorry. Thanks.

15. saturnine

saturnine Member

Both savegames seem to be irreversibly fucked up for some reason, taking X number of steps (not a very long distance--maybe a couple of rooms) ends up in the game CTDing no matter what I do.

Attached Files:

16. SaintWacko

SaintWacko Member

This kept happening to me because I keep finding multi-room zoos. The other room is all the way across the level, so partway through the level I forget and drop into the pocket dimension to drop off crafting mats, and lose the reward :(

17. eskr

eskr Member

Minor Bug:
    After getting Brax to go hostile you cannot target him with wands or bonsai bombs (didn't try other throwing items). Presumably this is related to the code that would normally have you sell to him.
    You can target him with arrows however.

18. viwalls

viwalls Member

Using Arcane Capacitor and Manacalypse skills the game crash.

If you use Arcane Capacitor and teleport with the Xeuclid's Translation skills, the out of control of that skills not happens.

Can steal inside Brax´s Shop if you take any item and go to the Pocket Dimension, drop in the floor, take other item in the gorund and return to the shop stacking in the pedestal where the first item was located.

19. eskr

eskr Member

viwalls, what version are you using? I haven't had either of the warlock problems and you can't use pocket dimensions in the latest hotfix (edit: inside brax's shop :p ).

20. Bobson

Bobson Member

Minor graphical issue: The female "Walk right" and "Walk down" animations play behind the floor tiles which have glowing parallel red bars (heat vents?). "Walk up" and "Walk left" show in front of them normally, as do the standing and idling animations. I don't remember noticing if male characters have the same issue.